The Lucky Date Dating Review: Registration, Communication, Prices 2022
was advertised like the new version Tinder created for international dating, and that seemed a pretty interesting concept. So, our team decided to join the site, purchase some credits and spend them on exploring the features of the platform. In this TheLuckyDate review, we share our thoughts on the site, its pros, cons, and prices.
Top alternative dating sites in other regions
|best website in European region||Free|
|best website in Slavic region||Free|
|best website in Latin region||Free|
Who is the TheLuckyDate dating site for?
- Singles who believe they can find better partners abroad
- People who feel more comfortable when meeting new people online
- Curious single men and women who want to meet someone attractive from abroad and see how it goes
- Super-user-friendly interface
- Only the most useful features
- Profiles with lots of photos and profile videos
- Fast and free registration
- Pretty low prices for credits
- Search with only two filters
- No video chat or calls
- No live chat support
Popular TheLuckyDate profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Getting started: Creating an account on TheLuckyDate.com
When we decided to create an account on, we were surprised by how easily one can do it. It took less than 3 minutes for us to sign up. As for the stages, they were as follows:
- Browsing the site and finding the registration form (believe us, you won’t miss it—like on many other dating websites, it’s right at the top of the page)
- Providing basic information—we indicated the gender (we signed up as a male member), name, and date of birth, and entered a valid email address
- Creating a password
You can sign up even faster if you are ready to create a profile using your Google account (we preferred to avoid it.) After you provide basic details, you’ll be redirected to the quiz, and again, we gave all the answers in two minutes—it’s pretty short, and there are no complex questions. You only need to provide some information on your location, weight, and height and add a profile picture (which is optional, too.) Note that you’ll also be able to write a short self-description if you want to. Basically, that’s all—a few simple actions and a new user accesses the profiles.
Tips on how to create a profile on TheLuckyDate
- If you want to see the profiles before you spend more time making your profile detailed, no problem, just skip the questions in the quiz—you will be able to edit your profile at any time.
- Write self-description—profiles are not super-detailed, and useful self-descriptions really make members stand out.
- Adding a profile photo is optional but highly recommended for a reason—a low-effort profile just won’t work as well on .
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:||158K|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||25-34|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||90%|
|😍 Success rate:||89%|
Free & premium features
Unlike many niche dating sites,doesn’t try to provide as many services as possible—there are some basic tools, and the best thing is that most of them are free. Still, they must be analyzed. We tested them all and are now ready to share the impressions.
- Sign up
- Browse profiles
- Use search
- Use the swiping feature
- Add members to Favorites to reach them later
- Contact support team
- View public photos
- See suggested profiles
- Live chat feature
- Watching profile videos
On this dating website, all members, including non-paying ones, can do the following:
- Sign up—we’ve already mentioned that signing up for this site was super fast and easy, and this is one of the rare dating platforms that let you join using your Google account
- Browse profiles—we could view as many profiles and as many photos as we wanted—there are no limitations
- Use search—there is a search with only two filters—age and location, and obviously, that’s not enough to find a perfect match who’d have everything that you were looking for in a partner (unless you are very lucky)
- Use the swiping feature—once a member clicks search, he’s redirected to the page which looks basically like a Tinder page—profiles can be skipped, viewed, or liked
- Add members to Favorites to reach them later
- Contact support team—unfortunately, there is no live chat, and we could only send emails
- View public photos—and most members of this online dating community have lots of them, pics can be viewed in full size
- See suggested profiles—this is one of the special features we didn’t expect to see, and it worked pretty well as we could find the profiles of similar-looking women of the same age without using search (that doesn’t work that well)
Premium features and how much we paid for using them
Thoughhas a lot of free features, it’s still not a free dating service. There is only one credit package available—members can buy 2,000 credits for only $2.99. However, though it may seem to be a benefit, we soon found out it was pretty annoying as we ran out of credits all the time. We spent around $150 on conversations with ladies, and that’s the average amount (yes it seems a lot, but our team usually tries to reach as many suitable matches as possible.)
So, the features that we could spend credits on were as follows:
- Live chat feature—we could send direct messages in real-time, and basically, chat worked as any other chat. The cost was 200 credits per minute, and we could also send photos and even audio messages (in general, that was a pretty good alternative for phone calls.) By the way, there were some pretty decent and attractive templates, the conversation starters that can be helpful (but ladies can also get tons of them from men.)
- Watching profile videos—watching a video costs 2,500 credits, which seems a lot, but it’s surprisingly cheaper than on many other niche dating websites. We still watched videos to make sure the woman we are talking to is real.
New members who join this dating platform get 2000 credits for free, and that’s a nice bonus, but it was not enough to contact as many young ladies as we wanted to reach.
How to look for matches on TheLuckyDate online dating site?
We’ve already mentioned that there are two search filters on this online dating platform. They are:
- Age—there are more young and mid-aged people on the site
- Location—there are many countries on the list, but in fact, most female members are from the so-called best countries for dating, for example, Thai, the Philippines, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, etc.
We could like profiles and see them on Matches if the members liked us, too. Still, we missed those filters that could help us find brunettes, blondes, never-married ladies, women with children or without them, with bachelor’s degrees or without them, etc.
Profiles onare not super-detailed, but they are not low-effort, either. Nearly all the profiles web viewed contained the following:
- Basic details—personal information like height, weight, age, number of children (if any), location, occupation, education, some information on habits, and zodiac sign (so yes, there is such information on profiles, but there are no such search filters.)
- Short self-description. Most ladies didn’t mention if they were looking for serious relationships or something casual and rather described their personalities and interests.
- Photos. Those who want to meet girls with pictures definitely shouldn’t worry—most singles have a lot of them. Public pics are available to all, while private photos could be viewed only after we started a conversation with a woman.
- Profile videos—mostly short ones but still interesting to watch.
Though it’s not so easy to find matches on, we couldn’t find obviously fake profiles. So, a member can meet women with similar interests, but he’ll spend a lot of time looking for them on this website.
We could send messages, including voice messages, send photos, and basically, that was all. Again, unlike dating sites with mail order brides or an online dating platform that connects people looking for serious relationships and nothing but serious relationships, TheLuckyDate is just one of the web services that can be used for conversations, finding new good friends abroad, and yes, a foreign girlfriend, but the site doesn’t try to make a user stay at all costs. It’s used just to meet someone, have some pleasant chats, and maybe get closer using Zoom and other services with other features.
There’s nothing extra special that we didn’t mention before. There are no Smarter matches or anything exceptional—yes, the site looks good (by the way you can switch it to the dark theme if you want to), but there are no services that will really surprise you. We hopeteam will reconsider that and add some fun features for users.
Our user experience
What was our dating experience like? There are two stories that we remembered best:
Natalia from Kazakhstan was 46 years old, and though we were initially looking for younger matches, we liked her photos and self-description. We had a lot of conversations, and she turned out to be a business lady looking for something serious and totally disappointed in the local guys. Definitely one of the smartest ladies we met onwebsite.
Tatiana (26) was a Russian in China, and that seemed interesting. We reached her and asked her a lot about her life and career—she told us she lived below the poverty line until she found an agency that hired her as an English teacher, and well, she succeeded. She wasn’t looking for something serious, just felt lonely in a new country. We had a few more great conversations until she said she met someone ondating site. No problem with that; still a charming person.
The verdict on TheLuckyDate.com—Our experts’ opinions
There are pretty manyreviews on the web, and some reviewers recommend this site while others say it’s not the best platform to join. What conclusions did we draw after using website? Here’s what our experts think.
The Lucky Date team obviously didn’t aim to find the best online dating site for serious relationships. It’s rather aimed at creating a new desktop version of Tinder. Well, that’s pretty much what this site is. Features work well enough, customer support team works well, too, but obviously, we can only expect that the site will continue developing. Now it’s a platform where you can meet attractive foreigners, and the rest is a matter of luck.
Can you get a positive experience on The Lucky Date? Absolutely. Can singles get a negative experience? Well, yes, they can. It’s just about what you are looking for on the site. It’s a great platform if you feel lonely, want to meet ladies from different countries, learn more about a different culture, and yes, maybe meet someone special. However, if these are not your top priorities and if you aren’t ready to join just to see how it goes, if you are looking for advanced matching services, that’s not the platform you should use.
How to use The Lucky Date—Tips and recommendations
There are a few things that we’ve learned when usingwebsite, and if you’re going to join this community, we can share some tips with you:
- This dating service works much better if you have a detailed profile and write something useful in your self-description
- There’s nothing wrong about asking a lady about her relationship goals in your first messages—that can actually save you some money
- Read information in profiles and use it to write your first message to someone—templates may be helpful, but we ladies replied us less frequently when we were using them
Yes, TheLuckyDate is a legit online dating website available to most users in the world. It’s owned by Menestios Limited and is registered in Gibraltar. Those who join the website get access to other users’ profiles (the platform is moderated) and can use free and/or premium services (only safe payment options are available).
The site is carefully moderated, and the profiles are very detailed. Most female members have 10+ profile photos, and some have profile videos—we checked them using Google image search and failed to find any stock or stolen photos.
There are many free features on TheLuckyDate, but you can hardly use it without purchasing credits because live chat is a premium communication tool. All new members get 2,000 complimentary credits to test it, though.