K1 Visa Сost: List Of Charges, Types Of Expenses, Tips
All K1 visa costs are divided into government fees and variable costs. A competent approach to organizing obtaining a visa will also help to optimize costs. We will tell you about all the expenses and give practical advice.
These expenses are strictly determined and change very rarely.
- USCIS Filing Fee. It is the first payment when you start getting a visa. You pay when applying for Form I-129F. The price is $535.
- Embassy Fee. This money you pay almost at the end of getting a K1 visa on the interview stage. The direction to payment is the U.S. embassy. The price is $265 for one applicant.
- Filing Fees for Adjustment of Status Package and Biometrics. You should pay it after the marriage when you apply for a green card. The price is $1,225.
To summarize how much a K1 visa costs: the total price of government fees is $2,290.
These expenses change depending on every case, for example, on the foreign spouse’s country.
- Medical exam. The price depends on the country for the interview. For example, in Ukraine, the price is $220, in Brasil— $180. The sum is also correlated with the course of dollars for the moment, and you pay right to the medical entity. The approximate price range is $60-$300.
- Travel expenses. We talk about the costs of visiting the U.S. for a foreign fiance. These expenses are very volatile and substantially affect how much a K1 visa costs. They depend on the country and city of the fiance. If she lives in a town with a big airport, there are more chances to buy a cheap ticket. Also, if the foreign fiance lives not in the city where will be interviewed, travel costs can increase. So the price varies.
- Lawyer’s assistance. Optional expense category. You can apply for visa K1 without an attorney. Almost all visa K1 applications are approved. If you are sure that you can be very careful with all forms, you don’t need any assistance. The cost of a lawyer depends on many factors: his location, level of experience, and a package of services.
To understand how much a K1 visa costs for you, add to government fees the price of the medical exam and tickets.
How to optimize the cost of K1 visa
Follow these tips, and besides optimizing the fiance K1 visa cost, you can make the process less stressful.
- Explore the information about the K1 visa very meticulously: different cases, typical situations with K-1 visa, how to answer questions in the interview.
- Please take the information about filings form and other procedures from official resources only, for example, sites USCIS, Travel.State.Gov. Be sure that you read actual information. For example, you can use a calculator to see the latest price for government fees. These sites will give you a lot of practical knowledge. For instance, on the site of USCIS, you can find the instructions for Form I-129F. To be confident that it is simple, you can follow the link with Form I-129F. Following these two pieces of advice, you can economize with lawyer support.
- To analyze and optimize the travel expenses, you can get a Fly-Scanner or its analog. There you can find the cheapest way for your fiance to the U.S.
Summary about cost of K1 visa
For the moment, a fiance visa costs $2,290+. The exact price depends on the country of the foreign fiance. Be precious with documents, find the best way to get to the U.S. for your fiance, explore official sources, and you can minimize the cost of the visa.