is half a dating site and half a social networking site. It’s now promoted as a place to have exotic chats, and that’s actually an interesting concept, so we decided to set up an account to see how the platform actually works. We spent nearly a month on the site and learned as much as possible about its features, prices, pros, and cons, so if you consider using it, just keep reading.
Top Alternative Dating Sites
Best website in European region
🎁 Get free credits
🇺🇦Best website in Slavic region
🎁 Get free credits
Best website in Latin region
🎁 Get free credits
Philitalks Free Trial
Thedating site doesn’t offer any premium plans, so there’s no classic free trial either. However, it doesn’t mean that even new users must pay to use the service right away. Currently, all the newcomers get 20 free credits to spend on communication, and if they decide to stay on the site and keep using premium features, they can get a 30-dollar discount for their first credit package.
- International users seeking intercultural communication
- People seeking new friends and romantic partners abroad
- Filipino singles and singles from other countries looking for a perfect match in the Philippines
Men canwebsite for free—no payment details must be provided, and the entire process will take around 10 minutes. After a male user sets up an account, he automatically gets 20 free credits to spend on communication with other members. Further communication (chatting, sending Mails, etc.) will be paid. The gender ratio is nearly equal, so men also face less fierce competition on Philitalks.
Women can alsofor free, but the requirements for profiles will be stricter. Female members must add more photos and verify their accounts. Still, there’s a compensation—for ladies, Philitalks can be free or partially free. Though female users don’t get such a serious advantage on the site as on some other dating platforms, they still get enough attention.
- Very detailed profiles of users
- Good design, intuitive interface
- Multiple communication features
- Some special features like gift delivery
- Good moderation
- No way to have actual conversations without spending credits
- No mobile app
- No video chatting in real-time
Popular PhiliTalks Profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
About Philitalks: Getting Started
Philitalks is a relatively new site—it was launched just a few years ago and has already become a popular platform for cross-cultural communication. Everyone can, so that’s exactly what we did, and here are the steps we’ve taken:
- Filling in the registration form. There’s nothing complicated—you only need to provide the basic information required on nearly all sites—your email, name, age, and gender. After that, you’ll need to agree to the policy as well as the terms and conditions and move on to the next stage.
- Taking a quiz. Yes, there’s a test, and it’s not as extensive as on some other niche sites. There are around 30 questions that all fall under the two categories—questions about you and your preferences and a partner you are looking for. They can be skipped, but we wouldn’t recommend doing it as not all the information can be added later.
- Adding photos and proceeding to profiles. After you answer the questions, you’ll be able to add a profile photo and see suggested matches. You can close the window with the top profiles chosen for you and just go to the site or to the Search page, to be exact.
After that, you can also go to Profile Settings and write a bio, as well as add some more details to make your profile work better.
Recommendations on How to Create a Competitive Profile
If you’re going to use Philitalks, you’ll need a good profile to improve the efficiency and increase the response rate, and that’s how you can do it:
- Add at least five high-quality profile photos (there are private albums, so you can make part of your photos secret).
- Write something informative and creative in your profile bio to narrow the search to the right people only.
- Add all the details from hobbies to education to make the search filters work.
Basically, the idea is to provide as much information as possible and make your profile look great to stand out from other members.
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:||24.1K|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||22-33|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||95%|
|😍 Success rate:||92%|
Prices & Features
There are free and paid featuresmembers can use to meet or contact someone. We’ve been using nearly all of them, and here’s how we evaluate the experience.
- Edit our own profile
- Browse unlimited profiles
- Follow others and see their posts on the Feed
- Send winks, likes, and favorite other users
- Use the People feature and apply search filters
- Contact Philitalks customer support
- Mails & live chat
- Sending photos, videos, and stickers
- Sending virtual and real gifts
- Watching profile videos
Let’s start with free features. Before we have purchased any credits, we could:
- Edit our own profile. As we’ve noted previously, registration, as well as editing a profile page, is entirely free.
- Browse unlimited profiles. The same goes for access to profiles. It’s free and unlimited, so we could see hundreds of profiles of members before buying credits.
- Follow others and see their posts on the Feed. This is another great way to meet new people on Philitalks—we could just look through the posts and follow the members we liked to learn more about them.
- Send winks, likes, and favorite other users. We also could let someone know we like their profile for free, and in some cases, members messaged us first.
- Use the People feature and apply search filters. All types of search features, including swiping and extended search, are completely free to use.
- Contact Philitalks customer support. Customer support service is available 24/7/365, but the only way to reach them is to fill in the form on the site.
Basically, all the free features let a member learn more about the platform and the community before spending real money.
Paid Features and Prices
So, how much doescost? As we’ve noted previously, once a user signs up, they get 20 free credits. If you run out of them and decide to top up your balance, you’ll be able to get 150 credits for $19.99. Bonus credits, as well as additionally purchased credits, can be spent on the following services:
- Mails & live chat. You can’t communicate with others on the Philitalks site without spending credits, and in our case, we spent most of them on live chatting as this particular feature was the most convenient and effective for us.
- Sending photos, videos, and stickers. These features improve the experience greatly as they help build emotional connections, but using them will cost a member some extra credits.
- Sending virtual and real gifts. There is a wide selection of virtual gifts, and sending them definitely makes sense if you want someone special to notice you. As for the real presents, we didn’t use this service, not only because real gifts are expensive but also because we didn’t have an actual goal to make someone believe we were genuinely interested in a relationship with this person.
- Watching profile videos. Watching introductory videos isn’t free, and we only watched two of them because this particular feature isn’t cheap.
All in all, the Philitalks website falls under the category of quite expensive sites. Still, you can use it as a mid-range dating site if you control your spending. We’d recommend choosing between Mails or instant messaging depending on your online communication style and spending extra credits on special services like virtual gifts only if you really like someone.
Searching for Matches on Philitalks
Now, discuss the main processes on the Philitalks dating website. As usual, it’s search and communication, but we’re also going to talk about profile quality—another important aspect that helps evaluate the quality of experience for every user.
There are three main ways to find the best matches on, namely:
- By applying search filters. There are only basic search filters, namely, age, location, and gender, so basically, you’ll need to view a profile to find out whether this particular person is a good match for you.
- By using the People feature. If you’ve ever been using a mainstream dating app, you’ll recognize this feature immediately. This is a good old swiping, so you can like a profile, skip it, or contact a user right away.
- By looking through posts on the Feed. Again, it’s an alternative method to meet attractive members and follow them to stay updated.
The only thing that we’ve been missing on Philitalks is the extended search filters. They would make the entire process so much easier for every user who knows exactly what they are looking for in a perfect partner. Still, other types of search features work well enough. It just takes too much time to find someone who meets all your criteria.
Profiles onare very detailed. You only need to click on a profile picture of a user to view their personal page, and that’s what you’re going to see:
- Profile pictures — usually, at least 5.
- Bio — more or less detailed depending on the user.
- Basic details — from education to hobbies.
- Profile videos — if any.
- Posts — all previous publications that a member has shared.
We browsed a lot of profiles of Asian girls on Philitalks, and we could barely find at least a few low-effort or fake accounts. Profile quality is definitely one of the main benefits of using the site, as you can get a lot of information about the user. Of course, there are members who don’t share any posts and don’t have profile videos, and we wouldn’t recommend choosing them just because communication on the Philitalks site costs credits, so why spend them on someone who didn’t put enough effort into making their profile work?
You can start a conversation with any of themembers from most pages of the site. There’s the Chat Now button on the Search Results page and on the People page, but if you’re looking through posts on the Feed, you’ll only be able to follow a user or view a profile. Note that live chat is a default option, and you can switch it to Mails with just one click. Both features look and work pretty much like top online messengers, so you’ll hardly experience any difficulty with sending files, stickers, or emojis.