Can You Trust A Ukrainian Woman? Characteristics & Benefits Explained
People of any nation can possess different traits, but there are also general national characteristics that can still help you understand what you can expect from a person from a particular nation. In this guide, we’re going to talk about Ukrainian women—their common characteristics, the benefits of dating a Ukrainian woman, and reasons why a Ukrainian woman may be the wrong person for you.
Characteristics of Ukrainian women
So, what are the typical Ukrainian personality traits? Though we don’t want to generalize things—we’re just going to talk about some common qualities and traits that most Ukrainian ladies have. For most people who have ever visited Ukraine, communicated with Ukrainian girls, or had a relationship with a Ukrainian woman, the most distinctive characteristics are as follows:
- Honesty and sincerity. Everyone who’s considering the idea of dating Ukrainian women should get ready to hear honest answers and opinions. For a western person, it may sound rude at the beginning, but soon you realize that Ukrainian women just don’t think it’s right to lie and hide something. You ask an honest question, you get an honest answer, and that’s all. There’s even a theory according to which all Slavic people became more honest with each other at times of the Soviet Union, when trust was more than just important. Though they are long gone, a Ukrainian girl is still likely to be open, honest, and sincere. If you meet a genuine Ukrainian woman on dating sites (we’re not talking about scammers who just pretend to be Ukrainian girls), or meet such a girl in real life, in most cases, you can trust her.
- Open-mindedness. One of the main benefits of Ukrainian women dating is that a Ukrainian bride is likely to be pretty westernized. Ladies in Ukraine are open-minded, tolerant, and ready to accept differences. Yes, they have their traditions, values, and views, but they also assimilate into other societies pretty easily.
- Ambitiousness and the desire to be the best versions of themselves. Ukrainian women don’t think they’re special and “just the best” by default. Every day, they keep asking themselves what they did to call themselves special and “just the best” and work hard to be better at everything that is important to them, from hobbies to looks and profession.
- Kindness. There is an important thing you should know about all Ukrainian women. At first, they don’t seem friendly. Unlike western women, they don’t smile at everyone they meet. It takes time for them to know you, and that’s the moment when they start showing how kind, nice, and caring they really are.
All these qualities show what kind of women you can meet in Ukraine, but these are not the only important things you should know before starting a romantic relationship one with one of the Ukrainian ladies.
Ukrainian wife benefits
There are a lot of men looking for a mail order bride from Ukraine. Why do western guys think that they can have healthy long-term relationships with women from this very country? Most of them just know the following facts.
- A Ukrainian woman always looks gorgeous. If you’d like your wife to always be fashionable and good-looking, a Ukrainian bride may be the person you need. It’s all about the culture—in this country, women always do their best to be irresistible. A Ukrainian girl will hardly leave the house without choosing a great outfit and a natural but great makeup (by the way, there is a big difference in makeup trends in the US and in Ukraine—Slavic girls prefer more natural tones and are generally aimed at looking like they were born this beautiful, highlighting the best features).
- Ukrainian girls have strong family values. Dating a Ukrainian woman often ends with marriage—these girls believe a person can’t be really happy without having a healthy and strong relationship with someone. That’s an important part of Ukrainian culture—for most Ukrainians, finding a partner and starting a family is more important than a career, hobbies, travels, etc.
- Ukrainian women are well-educated. A Ukrainian bride you meet on one of the dating sites or in real life is likely to have at least a bachelor’s degree. In 2019, the percentage of graduates from tertiary education who are female in Ukraine was reported at 53.11%. More excitingly, more than 90% of young adults in Ukraine/Belarus/Georgia had completed at least an upper secondary education in 2020, compared with 84% in the EU. Moreover, a Ukrainian woman is likely to be employed. Contrary to popular belief, dating a Ukrainian woman isn’t dating a money-hungry girl looking for a sugar daddy. A woman from Ukraine usually has ambitions, a career, and is smart enough to become your best friend.
- A Ukrainian girl wants to start a serious relationship built on mutual respect. People in different parts of the world have different views of relationships. Some believe it’s just about passion and affection, some are focused more on “subordination” and traditional gender roles. A Ukrainian bride is likely to build a relationship based on respect. Yes, there’s no denying that many Ukrainian girls still think that some gender roles are still important, in particular, they always remain beautiful expecting men to always remain strong and support a woman, but this is less important for them than mutual respect, trust, and loyalty in a relationship with a man.
10 reasons not to marry a Ukrainian woman
Undoubtedly, certain qualities make Ukrainian women attractive. Men value their natural beauty, honesty, and family-mindedness, but it doesn’t mean that every Ukrainian woman is perfect. What are the possible cons of family life for someone who marries a girl from Ukraine? Here is the list of not-so-good characteristics that she may have, too.
- A Ukrainian lady may be too emotional.
- Ukrainian women may be seeking so much attention from you, and lack of communication can be viewed as ignorance and lead to problems in a relationship.
- A Ukrainian woman is likely to be highly influenced by social pressure and others’ opinions.
- Not all Ukrainian women have healthy spending habits and sometimes waste money on useless things.
- In some cases, a Ukrainian expects a man to provide support instead of supporting him herself.
- Not every Ukrainian woman speaks English well, so the language barrier can be a problem, especially at the beginning of a relationship.
- Ukrainian women can expect men to meet their expectations (be manly, generous, supportive, caring, successful, etc.), and being a person they would date and marry is not always easy.
- Drinking socially is pretty normal for Ukrainian women, but some may cross this line.
- Some Ukrainian women aren’t that good at gracefully accepting criticism.
- They’re not always ready to compromise.
So, can you trust a Ukrainian woman? In most cases, yes, you can—these women are honest and sincere, and basically, the only thing you should do is to take a look at the lists of both pros and cons, think carefully, and decide if you can accept the drawbacks and enjoy the benefits of dating Ukrainian women. However, though you can trust Ukrainian girls, you should also remember that if you’re looking for them online, you can meet scammers who just pretend to be Ukrainian brides. Following the safety rules and being cautious is the only way to protect yourself and find someone special in Ukraine, as well as in any other countries.