There are lots of sites with Eastern European women, but in the best-case scenario, only half of them are worth paying for.now has nearly 500,000 monthly visits, which is a lot compared to the visits to similar sites. So we decided to join the community and test it to learn everything about its costs, features, pros, cons, benefits, and pitfalls, and now we’re ready to share our experience in this SofiaDate review.
Top Alternative Dating Sites
Best website in Asian region
🎁 Get free credits
Best website in Latin region
🎁 Get free credits
🇺🇦Best website in Slavic region
🎁 Get free credits
Sofia Date Free Trial
There’s no free trial on, at least in the classic sense of the term. On this website, members who are going to use premium services buy credits, and the first 20 credits can be claimed right after the registration procedure is complete. They can be spent on any premium features, and newcomers can also save 10 dollars on their first credit package.
- Men who want to meet single women from Eastern Europe
- Singles interested in international friendship, romance and dating, or a serious long-term relationship and marriage
There’s free registration for male users, so every man canin just 2 minutes and get some bonuses from the company to test premium features. Men outnumber women significantly, though. Now, the male-to-female ratio is 75% to 35%, but this drawback is compensated by the high activity on the site. Also, a man pays only for communication, so if he experiences any difficulty with finding someone attractive on the site, he won’t pay for the premium plan.
is one of the best platforms for women, not only because they have the possibility to interact with men for free but also because there are a lot of male users to chat with and build a relationship with if it’s a match. However, the requirements for female users are stricter overall. Unlike men, they must add multiple photos to join the community and write detailed bios, but the system seems fair considering that it improves the experience both for women and men who are paying users.
Sofia Date Overview
- Many women interested in serious relationships with foreign men
- Detailed profiles and real photos that can be viewed (and checked) by anyone
- Video and audio messages, some ladies are available for video chats
- Prices are lower than on some other international dating websites
- Members can stop paying for messaging at a certain stage
- Members can’t like profiles and send winks without spending credits (it costs only 2 credits, but still)
- No official mobile app
- Not all ladies are available for video chats
Popular SofiaDate Profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Creating an Account on SofiaDate
is an online dating site that connects single men worldwide with single ladies from Eastern Europe. Though it works for all—people looking for friendship, communication, dating, or marriage, we failed to find any lady who'd specify she's looking for conversations only, so it's rather a site for those who are looking for a girlfriend or a wife.
SofiaDate is also one of the online dating sites that allows you to create an account in less than 5 minutes. The only thing that we had to do to join the community is provide some basic details like name, email address, date of birth, and gender. Then, we were redirected to the website and could start searching for matches.
It took an hour to make sure that we won't receive tons of messages from hot ladies despite having a completely empty profile. The thing is, if you join the site and have the lowest-effort profile but still get attention from nearly all the ladies on the site, further analysis just doesn't make any sense as it's obviously a scam. Fortunately, that didn't happen, and we moved on to editing an account.
We didn't have to confirm our email address, but the first thing we saw was a huge banner saying that we could get 10 free credits for confirming an email, and that's exactly what we did next (the letter was in Spam). Then, we, just like all new members, were redirected to the profile page to add more information about us—from photos and basic details like city, age, and marital status to a personal message for all the profile visitors.
Tips on How to Create a Good Profile on Sofia Date Online Dating Site
- Write a self-description—all the profiles on this online dating platform look more or less similar, and your personal message is what can help you attract more real women.
- You can upload as many photos as you want, for free, and we highly recommend adding as many good pictures as possible. Male profiles on are less detailed than female profiles, so adding more photos is another way to stand out.
- Be honest, especially if you are looking for serious relationships. We talked with ladies on the site a lot, and most were looking for certain things in a relationship and man’s personality. Why waste your time and women's time on conversations if you don't meet each other's expectations?
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:||479K|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||25-34|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||95%|
|😍 Success rate:||92%|
Free and Premium Features: How Much Does Using Sofia Date Actually Cost?
SofiaDate is not a free online dating website—that's a premium platform for singles seeking international love. Still, our experience shows that a premium site is not always a good website, and if it's not that bad, it's not always good value for money. So, we decided to buy some credits to find out if Sofia Date is worth paying for, and here's what we found out.
There are not that many free dating services that one can use on. Basically, all the free features are as follows:
- Free registration
- Customer support
- Viewing profiles
- Viewing public features
- Reading messages from female members in live chat
On other dating sites, we usually create accounts and spend some time on the platform to see how many women will contact us after we like profiles or wink at them. However, on Sofia Date, it didn't make much sense, so we viewed some profiles, tested the support service (by the way, the support team responded to us in less than an hour, though we reached them via email), used search to make sure it works properly (we'll talk about the search algorithm in more detail below) and decided to upgrade to premium.
Premium Dating Services
We bought the most expensive credit package on this dating site (it cost us $199), received our 1,000 credits, and here's what we could spend them on:
- Likes in profiles and in chat—2 credits/each
- The "Say Hello" feature—2 credits for saying hello to every new member
- Live chat—20 credits for 10 minutes
- Winks in a chat—2 credits
- Stickers in a live chat—5 credits/each
- Sending or receiving a picture in both chat and letters—10 credits/each
- Sending a letter—20 credits/each
- Sending or listening to an audio message—15 credits
- Sending or receiving a video message—25 credits
- Watching one video show—5 credits
- Sending gifts, both virtual and real, and the costs are different depending on the item/virtual gift that a member chooses
As you can see, using such a site costs money. Still, we could develop our own dating strategy that allowed us to save most of our credits for messaging. At first, we likedprofiles and sent winks and stickers, not because they make communication more fun but because we wanted to test it. We stopped doing it later after making sure that's not that effective, while online chats, audio, and video messaging are. We also preferred having live chats instead of sending long letters mostly because we reached ladies who were online—actually, we sent letters just 3 times when our new acquaintances disappeared for a few days. So, we ran out of $1,000 in a month, which is a lot considering that it cost almost $200, but it's important to consider that we tried to contact as many Belarusian, Russian, and Ukrainian ladies as possible, sent a lot of messages and letters. If someone who's looking for a serious relationship with one girl and uses the site wisely, this person will be likely to spend $50-100.
Paradoxically, though SofiaDate has more premium features, it's even cheaper than many other online dating sites, in particular mail order bride sites. By the way, we got our free credits for confirming an email—as you can see, members will spend them very, very soon, but it's still a nice gesture at least to figure out how the site actually works.
Looking for Matches on Sofia Date
There's a great number of singles on, but if one is going to start dating online, it's not the only thing that matters. We'd like to talk about the search, profiles, and communication on the site in more detail to describe all the pros, cons, and pitfalls.
Search is one of the first things that a new member sees after joining the site—there is a button on the main menu. Once one presses it, they are redirected to a new page with some random profiles of potential matches. All filters are on the top of the page—we could use a basic search by age and online/offline status or click Detailed filters and get access to many more criteria like:
- Country and city
- Height and body type
- Eye color and hair color
- Education and occupation
- Marital status
- Purpose of using the site
We could easily imagine a special woman we'd like to meet. We found many women's profiles that actually meet our basic criteria, which means the algorithm works as it should. The fact that men can find a perfect match considering a girl's appearance, a girl's hobby, and social status is great, but we can't say the interface is that intuitive and clean, so it definitely takes some time to get used to it.
By the way, there is an alternative to a regular search—if a user presses the Like Her button, he'll be redirected to a page with random profiles. That's how the site turns into Tinder, and we could still apply some filters, in particular, body type, age, height, eye and hair color, and marital status.
Profiles on SofiaDate
On, members don't go to a profile after clicking on a profile picture, and again, it was a bit confusing at first. When we clicked a picture, we saw just pictures uploaded by a user—you can only access a profile itself after clicking a Profile icon (hover over the picture and the Letter and Profile buttons will pop up).
Profiles, however, are very detailed. They are divided into the following sections:
- Social information
- Hobby and habits
- My self-summary
- Who I'm looking for
In terms of profiles, SofiaDate is probably the best dating site—we failed to find at least 5 profiles with self-descriptions looking like "Hi, I'm Mary, send me a message to learn more." We could really understand what a lady wants to find on this dating platform, what kind of person she is, and what her priorities are. Most women also have 10+ photos, which is great, too (we googled them, by the way—no fake accounts found).
What if a new member likes one of the Slavic beauties on the site and wants to start chatting with one of them? Well, the system is a bit weird.
When a user sees ladies on search results, he can send a letter or start a chat with one of them immediately, without even viewing the profile. When we browsed profiles, we could see the Say Hello icon (by the way, there are the templates of the first message that you can send) and the Like her button. At first, we couldn't even realize how we can start a chat with a lady, but then we saw that the Chat Now button was a bit higher, at the center of the screen. Again, the system is weird, but we’ve got used to it.
There's also the All Chats button on the main menu on the left side of the screen, so you can go to your inbox at any time. As for video chat, you can start it only with girls who are available for video calls (there'll be the Video button near the profile picture).
Special Features on Sofia Date
On, members can use plenty of features, but two seemed the most special to us.
- Contact details requests. Members who have already met a special girl among all the beautiful women on the site can stop paying for communicating with her on the site. If a man has regular conversations with a lady for a month (if there was a 72-hour break, it doesn't count) and spends 5,000 credits or more on Letters, chats, watching videos, and listening to audio, he can get her phone number or email (a lady decides what contact details to provide).
- Real meeting requests. This feature is free, but it's available only after a member gets a user's contact details.
We didn't test these features because we didn't focus on one lady and tried to reach as many women as possible, but the very fact that a man can stop paying for using the site if he finds love is pretty inspiring.
Our Experience on the Site
We had pretty many private chats with ladies and pretty many interesting conversations, but there were two ladies we remembered best.
We found Alina from Belarus randomly using the Like Her feature. She was one of the girls who asked if we were looking for a wife or not directly, however, she was the one who didn't lose interest after we said probably, it's rather about trying international dating and seeing how it goes. She shared a lot of her thoughts on life, gender roles, and family, and emphasized that she wasn't looking for a benefactor as she isn't a sugar baby and that she hoped to keep working in another country if she finds a husband online. Well, that was what a regular single man expects to hear from a girl looking for a foreign husband, and he probably doesn’t expect that to be such a solid and detailed personal position. She was an interesting lady overall, looking for a husband on, nice, kind, obviously very confident, and not like many other girls we met on this and other dating sites.
Myroslava from Ukraine is another girl we remembered, basically, because we had the longest conversations with her on. She didn't expect us to send her pricey gifts or ask us about an ex-wife (we chose the divorced status when creating an account), but we talked about life for hours. She had a deep personality and a master's degree—a perfect combo, and she was just in love with her culture, telling us a lot of things about Ukraine we'd hardly learn from anyone else. It didn't seem that we could be lovers as long as we didn't talk about relationships that often, but she was single (btw, she said it's because, in her country, it's hard to find a decent guy looking for family and marriage) so if we joined the site not to test it but to find a partner, we'd definitely try to get closer with her.
Feedback From Sofia Date Members
A friend recommendedto me, and I’m grateful I took him up on it. Who’d have thought I’d find the love of my life online? Olena is everything I want in a woman: smart, funny, and caring. I’m planning to meet her in person in a few months. And if all goes well, I hope she agrees to become my wife.
For an old dog like me, figuring outtook a few days and a couple of drinks. But now that I’m chatting with girls, I finally see the allure of online dating. I wish I could meet them all in person to see if there’s chemistry, but for now, I’m ready to settle for video chats.
drives me crazy. There are too many attractive women and not enough hours in a day to check all their profiles, and there are not enough credits in the world to chat with them all. I have semi-regular online dates with Sveta from Russia and Rosa from Bulgaria, but I’m always considering other options as well.
I have mixed feelings about. Paying for likes and winks seems overkill, and getting contact details takes too much money. But the profiles are top-notch, and video and audio messages make up for the inconvenience for me. I’d say it’s not the best site for flings, but it works great for serious relationships.
Sofia Date Scams: Members’ Complaints
Though we spent a lot of time on the site, it’s not always enough to learn everything about it. Members who stay on the platform for months, and even for years have more to tell, and we can’t ignore their feedback—otherwise, our review just wouldn’t be complete. So, here are the situations that describe possible problems one may face on:
- A too high price for getting contact details. Users note that they need to spend large sums of money before they are able to contact women elsewhere. Many niche websites use this scheme to keep their members on the site without letting them go to WhatsApp after they exchange a few first messages, which can be explained by the desire of the owners to cover the cost of services they provide to the sites’ users. However, platforms usually provide members with more or less comfortable environment for online interaction, and, well, possibility to seek partners among those who are interested in relationships. If you consider this scheme non-suitable for you personally, we recommend choosing other dating platforms with premium membership plans or without such restrictions.
- Catfishing. Some users noticed that women on the site were using other people’s photos from social media. We didn’t see such profiles on the site, but we still strongly recommend checking the photos using Google image search regardless of the platform you are using, and Sofia Date isn’t an exception to this rule.
- Suspicions about women’s financial interest. Some users suppose that women on the site get paid for communicating with male users. We failed to find such information in the Terms & Conditions (any legal platform must provide such information), and the majority of women we were talking to seemed to be genuinely interested in conversations. Nonetheless, if it’s not a single case (there are different people on the site), we recommend considering other female profiles or even joining another platform.
- Women refusing to chat elsewhere. As we’ve noted previously, unfortunately, that’s how the system works. The algorithms track the messages with emails and other contact details, and women know about it, and if they share such information, they’ll have their accounts blocked, and so will male users. However, there can also be another reason for all that: there can be women who are interested in high safety level the sites provide: they can interact with men and end the conversation, block a user if he acts weirdly, and leave the site whenever they want, and their interlocutors will not track their number and won’t find them on social media using photos. But, if that system doesn't work for you, we recommend looking for another type of website.
Consider these situations and act accordingly to avoid financial loss and negative experiences. Also, we’d like to share some common safety rules that can help you avoid getting scammed on any website, including:
- Spot similar and weird messages. If the messages you receive from a lot of different people seem the same or almost the same, or if they don’t answer your messages as a real person would do it (for example, start a new topic though you asked about something), it’s a red flag.
- Pay special attention not only to photos but also to the information in members’ profiles. If a person contradicts themselves in private messages, it’s a good reason to report scams.
- Never, under any circumstances, agree to send money to anyone. This is the rule with no exceptions, even if this person seems to be your soulmate.
- Be careful with the information you share with others. It goes for personal contact details, financial information, and photos and videos you send. Ensure that you don’t provide any access to your wallets/cards or something that can be used to blackmail you.
How to Cancel or Pause a Membership
Unlike many online dating sites,does not rely on a monthly subscription plan, so you should have no trouble controlling expenses and stopping your membership. The process is streamlined and takes barely a couple of steps:
- Log into your account and go to the profile page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the "Delete your profile" button.
- Click the button and confirm profile deletion.
We should mention that Sofia Date offers account deletion with the possibility of recovery. So if you have a change of heart down the road, you can send a message to [email protected] to have your account reactivated.
You may also need to enable or disable the Automatic Top-Up feature that replenishes your balance whenever your credits run low. You can find the top-up checkbox at checkout on the right.
How to Delete a Profile on SofiaDate
To delete your profile from, you will have to either resort to customer support or do that manually. First, you want to navigate to your profile—it's in the top left corner on the sidebar. Then here are your actions:
- Open your full profile
Click on your profile image located in the top right corner.
- Deactivate profile
Scroll to the very bottom and find the "Delete your profile" button.
- Select "Deactivate my profile permanently"
Choose from the two options, which are to delete your profile or to deactivate it temporarily.
- Confirm the deactivation process
You will be asked to enter your password.
Unfortunately, the funds you invested are non-refundable unless you prove that you purchased your credits by mistake. This way, a refund is possible. If you plan to delete your profile permanently, be sure to detach your credit card to avoid unexpected charges.
Tips on How to Use
- Decide whether you really need to use the Say Hello feature and likes. Writing a creative letter or starting a chat and sending an interesting, meaningful message works better than a template message a girl may receive daily from different men.
- Carefully look through profiles before sending a message. On this site, you can view photos without getting any information about the member. That's not a good idea, though messaging isn't so expensive; why buy credits and spend them on someone who's not a good match for you?
- Create a detailed profile. That's what you need to become popular as a male member.
The Verdict on SofiaDate.com—Our Experts' Opinions
Sofia Date is one of the decent sites to meet single women from Eastern Europe. I can’t say it’s user-friendly; there are platforms with better interfaces, but the number of features is impressive, and that’s a rare dating website that lets you send audio messages. Profiles are detailed, and members are real, so yes, if you’re looking for a site without fake profiles and tons of tools, you may like it.
At first, I didn’t think this platform is a good choice because likes cost money. Still, I managed to understand how it works and appreciated its messaging and video chat prices (which were lower than on other platforms). Also, I should say that the dating pool was also impressive, so those in need of a wider choice of potential partners may find SofiaDate a good option to try.
SofiaDate is a niche international dating website. It’s designed for European singles, predominantly singles from Eastern Europe and men from Western countries who’d like to start serious relationships with one of the Slavic brides. It’s also one of the most popular platforms in this segment of the market with around a million monthly visits.
Yes, SofiaDate is a legit online dating service. Note this is not exactly a mail-order bride website—the company doesn’t provide traveling services or set fixed prices for connecting a man with a woman. This is rather a platform with lots of detailed profiles, a pretty good moderation system, and excellent communication features.
No, SofiaDate can’t be considered a free website. Users can sign up for free, browse profiles, and use some free features, but if they want to send messages and use other premium services, they will need to buy credits.
There is a welcome bonus for all newcomers—20 free credits upon sign-up. As soon as you complete a quick, one-step registration process, you receive the credits and can start exploring.
Yes, SofiaDate is a real dating website with thousands of users worldwide and pretty detailed profiles. There’s no need to provide payment details when signing up, there are some good communication features, and the moderation and security system works well enough to create a relatively safe environment for users.