AmourMeet is an interesting online dating platform. Unlike most other similar dating sites, it doesn’t connect international singles with people from a particular region but has female members in Asia, Latin America, Europe, and Africa. We decided to join the community to learn as much as possible about the quality of services and value for money, and we share our impressions in this AmourMeet review.
Top alternative dating sites in other regions
Best website in European region
🇺🇦Best website in Slavic region
Best website in Asian region
Who is AmourMeet for?
- Singles who’d like to find a foreign partner but haven’t chosen a particular country yet
- Women from Asia, Latin America, Europe, and Africa searching for a foreign boyfriend or husband
- People seeking cross-cultural communication, friendship, and romantic relationships
- A lot of female members from Ukraine, Colombia, Argentina, the Philippines, and Nigeria
- Nearly all users have very detailed profiles with clear relationship goals and detailed descriptions of the partners they’re looking for on the site
- Transparent pricing policy and bonuses for newly registered users
- Modern and easy-to-use website with only the most necessary features
- Both advanced search and swiping are available to users seeking best or random matches
- No mobile app
- No video chat
- No free unlimited messaging
Popular AmourMeet profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Creating an account on AmourMeet.com
Everyone can join AmourMeet pretty easily—it took around 5 minutes for us to create an account. The first thing that you see on the site is the registration form, and only some basic data must be provided, namely:
- Who you are looking for (men or women)
Basically, that’s all a new member needs to do to access the site. However, it’s hard to say that the work is finished here. Of course, we could stop at this stage and we actually did because we wanted to find out whether ladies would contact us despite the fact that the profile was completely empty (they didn’t), and then we went to My Profile to add more information (from marital status and religious beliefs to purpose of using the site) and uploaded photos.
Tips on how to make your AmourMeet profile work
- Focus on self-descriptions—most members share a lot of information in the About Me and My Preferences sections, so you just need to do it to stand out.
- Adding photos is optional but nearly necessary to get attention on the site, especially for female users, so choose your best photos to make your profile work.
- Try to be more creative—members on the site have long self-descriptions, that’s true, but people often fail to mention some exact things, so if you create a list of things you are and aren’t into, you’ll improve your experience and efficiency of using the site overall.
General information about AmourMeet:
|📈 Monthly visits:||328K|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||27-38|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||95%|
|😍 Success rate:||90%|
Features & pricing
Amour Meet isn’t one of the free sites—using it without buying credits just doesn’t make much sense. Still, we always test both free and paid versions of a dating platform, and AmourMeet.com wasn’t an exception to this rule.
As free members of AmourMeet, we could do the following:
- Edit profile, add photos and videos
- Use the Like Her feature (swiping)
- Use all the advanced search filters
- Browse profiles
- See all public photos
- See all the information on profiles
- Send the first message (Say Hello feature)
- Use support services
Generally speaking, a non-paying user can do everything besides having a lasting conversation with a particular member. We liked the fact that we could at least learn more about the members and understand who exactly we can meet on the site before paying, and the 20 free credits we've got were also spent on the first contacts. Then, we moved on to the premium version of Amour Meet.
Basically, all you pay for on the site is conversations, and here are the costs:
- Live chat — 2 credits per minute
- Attaching a photo — 10 credits
- Sending a video — 25 credits
- Sending an audio — 10 credits
- Sending a sticker — 5 credits
The site isn't cheap, but live chat costs as much as on other similar niche platforms, and if you choose the matches wisely, you won't spend a fortune. We bought 1,000 credits as it was actually the best value, and in a month, we still had 200 credits left. However, we had to develop a dating strategy. We could send a photo to a woman if she asked for it and often asked ladies to send a video, but we didn't send stickers or files too frequently, and that helped us save hundreds of credits.
Searching for matches on the AmourMeet online dating site
Just like any other online international communication platform, AmourMeet has its own specific features, and it takes time to figure out how they actually work. Below, we share our impressions and experience of searching for matches, browsing profiles, and making contact on AmourMeet.
Unlike many other international dating sites, AmourMeet offers two different ways to find the best matches—by using multiple search filters or just by using a swiping feature like on Tinder.
The advanced search filters that both paying and non-paying members can use are as follows:
- Age range
- Height range
- Body type
- Hair color
- Marital status
- Purpose of using the site
- Number of children (if any)
- Desire to have more children
This type of search works better for those who know exactly what they are looking for. However, those who are just curious about the ladies on the site or those who want to see random matches can also use the Like Her feature that works exactly like Tinder or similar apps or sites. Overall, the platform provides a user with everything they may need to find a perfect match, and, considering the quality of profiles, there's a good chance that it'll happen pretty soon.
Profiles on AmourMeet are very detailed, especially compared to most mainstream dating platforms. We failed to find at least 10 low-effort personal pages—here's what we saw after browsing almost any random profile:
- Profile pictures—in most cases, there are at least 5-10 photos, and most of them can be viewed by anyone, and all are with the AmourFeel watermarks
- Appearance—height, body type, hair color, eye color
- Social information—education, occupation, religion, marital status, children, relationship goals
- Hobby and habits—major interests and bad habits
- My self-summary—a bio written by a member (their own self-description)
- What I am looking for—the description of a person a user would like to meet on the site
Profiles are great overall, and meeting an active member on the site is really easy. Unfortunately, we couldn't see if female users are validated members—there are no verification badges or anything like that on members' profiles, but obviously, moderators check members' profiles carefully as we failed to find people with fake photos despite checking pictures using Google image search.
We could start a conversation from nearly any page of the site—a user always has instant access to the messenger. In fact, we could start a chat from the Search page even without viewing a profile (which didn't make much sense, though) or from the Like Her page. There's also the Letters section on the left Menu, and a user can always take a look at the Mailbox and sort messages by multiple parameters, such as Read, Unanswered, First Letters, Likes, etc.
Scams and common problems with AmourMeet
Unfortunately, dating sites where members don't face any problems don't exist, and AmourMeet isn't an exception. Though we didn't experience much difficulty on the platform, we also realize that the time we spend on the site isn't enough to spot all the potential dangers of the platform. That's why we also searched for feedback from other users, and in the case of AmourMeet, the problems are as follows:
- Similar messages from ladies. Some members of this dating site note that they've received similar messages from ladies. We tested this online dating platform with an empty profile and didn't receive any messages until we added at least some details and started to contact members ourselves, but we've noticed the popups that encourage you to contact a woman. Despite all the benefits, that's obviously a drawback—such ads are efficient but that's how members can spend their free credits on messaging with someone who didn't even express any interest in them. We recommend going to your inbox to ensure you didn't just click on the popup and that someone really wrote a message to you—all the real Mails will be displayed on the Letters page.
- Too high prices for messaging. Users who said the dating site is just too expensive are the largest group of people who have any complaints about Amour Meet. It really can hardly be called one of the free or even affordable online dating sites—messaging here isn't free, and though it's not the most expensive platform, it's still a premium high-end website. We recommend considering that the chat costs 2 credits per minute and deciding whether you are ready to pay this money for communication. Also, if you're going to stay on the site, buy the best value credit package to save more on online dating services.
- Suspicious profiles. Some men also claim that women on this online dating platform all have professional photos, and it looks like they're hired employees rather than real singles. We checked the photos and all of the pictures we searched for on Google turned out to be real, so we can only assume that's part of the registration requirements for female users. Nonetheless, if you have any doubts, we recommend using the same tool to make sure photos are real, and ideally, asking a lady to send her latest selfie.
- Women asking for money. There were a few complaints from men who said that though it seemed to be a safe, fast, and convenient environment, they met women and got closer to them, and at some moment, they asked them for financial help. Unfortunately, this can happen on all dating platforms, but it's absolutely a red flag. In this case, we can only recommend blocking a user immediately and notifying the support team about what happened, and sending a link to a member's profile. The team must immediately delete the suspicious account if a member's satisfaction and most importantly, safety, really is their primary focus.
These are some problems that members can potentially face on the site. We recommend contacting the customer support team and blocking the user if anything seems suspicious, as well as following some common safety rules for using online dating platforms.
- Never send money. Whatever happens, just don't do it if you've never met this person in real life at least a few times and are completely sure you're not dealing with a scammer.
- Contradictions are the red flags. The easiest way to understand that something is very wrong is to spot the contradictions and similarities in different people's messages.
- Your data must be protected at all costs. Don't share any information that can be used by scammers to steal your data or blackmail you and use a new email when signing up for a dating site.
- When things are moving too fast, beware. The main goal of a scammer is to make you think you've found a soulmate who truly loves you in the shortest time possible, so when things are moving fast, it's not necessarily a good sign.
Yes, in the modern world, you can't feel completely safe even on the best dating sites. However, you can stay safe if you know how to protect yourself and always follow the safety rules.
Our experience on AmourMeet.com
As we've noted previously, we bought 1,000 credits and spent them all on chatting with ladies on AmourMeet.com. First, we contacted random ladies and then tried to set specific criteria to find out how many female members they would meet. So, here's what we found out.
There are ladies from different age groups—we cannot say that only 20-year-olds are registered here, and that definitely distinguishes Amour Meet from many other international platforms. In our opinion, it's a benefit as not all users want to start an age-gap relationship with someone. At the same time, the response rate was high—fewer women made the first move, but nearly all replied to our messages.
Most ladies were friendly, nice, and obviously interested in keeping the conversation going. There were a few especially attractive women we'd been talking to more or less regularly during a month, and if we were really looking for someone on the site, we could succeed. Also, nearly all ladies were employed and mentioned they were seeking serious relationships after we asked them about their goals on the site.
Feedback from Amour Meet members
How to cancel or pause a subscription?
There's no need to cancel a subscription to AmourMeet. As we've mentioned previously, on this website, members buy credits and spend them on premium services, so once you stop communicating on the site, you automatically stop paying and vice versa.
However, there's the Automatic Top Up feature that allows users to top up their balances when they start running out of credits or when there are only 5 credits left, to be exact. If you don't want to be charged once again and you have this feature turned on, you can disable it with one click by going to the Credits section and turning off Automatic Top Ups.
The verdict on AmourMeet.com—Our experts' opinions
First of all, be kindly informed that the site is not one of the free online dating sites—those who want to initiate communication will pay for messaging, and considering the quality of profiles, it makes sense but only if you’re ready to settle down and would like to start a serious relationship with one of the ladies on AmourMeet.
The site definitely has its advantages, in particular, some free bonuses, good customer service, and very detailed profiles. Yet there’s also room for improvement, for example, video chat would be useful for members who not only want to find the right person but also build a strong emotional connection online before they buy plane tickets.
Tips on how to use AmourMeet
AmourMeet is not one of the free online dating sites, which is why using it efficiently is crucially important. Here are some things that we can recommend to others after using the platform:
- Create a very detailed profile to attract the right people on the site—let others know what you actually expect from a potential partner and a relationship overall.
- Distinguish popups from real messages—popups are just the ads from the site, a way to show suggested matches, so go to a member's profile first.
- Use search to find the best matches instead of focusing on appearances only.
- Watch your credits and make sure that you turn off the auto-payments if you don't want to buy more.
- Use the Similar Girls feature if you like the person overall but something on the profile seems alarming to you.
These tips are simple, yet they do work, so make sure to remember them.