is the latest addition to dating site family, and we wanted to test it as soon as possible to help you decide if it’s worth your while. In this post, we share our online research, personal experience, and insights to let you make an informed decision if the platform is worth the investment.
Top Alternative Dating Sites
Best European platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Asian platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Latin platform
🎁 Get free credits
Romanceast Free Trial
As a freemium dating site,provides services in exchange for credits. So, while new members do not get a timed free trial, they receive a nice welcome bonus. We discovered 2,000 bonus credits on our balance after signup, which bought us around ten minutes of live chat. Besides, we also got a discount offer to purchase 2,000 more credits for $2.99. It was a nice way to test premium Romanceast tools without investing much money.
Who Is theDating Site for?
- American guys interested in meeting foreign girls
- Foreign ladies looking for American or European men
- Singles interested in flirting, romance, and relationships
When it comes to dating options,favors men, as female users far outnumber them and are ever-eager to get in touch and start flirting. On the other hand, men need to buy credits to respond to messages or start chatting, even if the rates are pretty reasonable. Luckily, guys don’t need to pay upfront, as there are bonus credits and discounts for new members.
Ladies canfor free as long as they complete their profiles and add photos. Girls can contact men and send photos free of charge, which promotes them to be more active in their search. At the same time, the competition among them is pretty severe, considering there are fewer male than female members, as far as we can tell based on our experience.
- Signup is free, easy, and very fast
- It comes with a clean interface and comfortable navigation
- Disappearing photos and videos make chats fun
- Dark mode makes browsing convenient on mobile
- The dating pool may not be huge, but it’s pretty active
- Romanceast doesn’t have mobile apps as of yet
- Video messages are an option, but there are no video calls
- Some girls overuse canned messages when first reaching out
Popular Romanceast Profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Romanceast for New Members
As far as we can tell, Romanceast is a relatively new entry on the international dating site market, but as it’s a part ofnetwork, it got us excited for a trial run.
It took us two steps to create aprofile. First, we shared the name, date of birth, and gender (male). Second, we input email and password for sign-in. Next came the questionnaire. Its first section was dedicated to our partner preferences, like age, height, and body type, as well as smoking and drinking habits and the number of children. The following section dealt with looks and preferences, and at the end, we could upload photos and choose a few members to add to our favorites.
On the plus side, the whole process took under five minutes, as we could skip certain questions, including a short bio. Overall, the questionnaire was pretty straightforward, but some questions required a specific answer, like having children and wishing to have more.
When all was said and done, we received an email confirmation message with a verification link, and our profile was ready to be used. Thankfully, Romanceast did not require credit card information or other financial details, so the free registration went off without a hitch.
How to Set Up Romanceast Profile for Success
- You can skip most signup questionnaire questions and fill in your profile later.
- Add at least two photos along with the profile pic, preferably in different surroundings.
- Your age and country info will help ladies find you, so don’t skip these fields.
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:
|⏳ Most dominant age:
|👤 Profiles with photo:
|😍 Success rate:
As we do with every dating website we test, our team started with a free account before upgrading to a premium profile to share a balanced overview of the dating functionality.
As a freeuser, you can access multiple features, including:
- Profile setup — personal pages don’t take long to set up, considering most fields are standard and come with various options for you to choose from.
- Search — it’s a dating site staple, though sometimes we wished for more flexible filters, as age and country weren’t always enough to narrow the options.
- Member profile access — we could browse as many profiles as we wanted with no limitations, except for private photos that became accessible after we received responses from the girls.
- Likes — available in search results and profile pages, likes offer a free way of showing your interest. At the same time, they do not guarantee a mutual like or a response to your message.
- Favorites — these are the starred profiles you want to revisit. The list can be helpful in the early days of using the dating platform when you’re still looking for your match.
- Reading first messages from ladies — although most opening texts are canned, we did find a couple of genuine messages from girls who read our profile. So, while the influx of messages can be annoying, you shouldn’t discount them all.
- Matches — much like swipes on Tinder, Matches lists the ladies who liked your profile in response to your likes. Considering mutual interest, conversations with these girls are more likely to lead somewhere.
- Customer support — it’s available via [email protected], and when we tested this feature, we received a response within a business day.
There are no hidden fees or charges, and no need to share credit card details. Moreover, Romanceast doesn’t try to pressure you into upgrading with annoying reminders, which is always a plus in our books.
new members can only buy the smallest credit package for $2.99 before other options become available. But once you invest in a larger package, you can make the most of premium tools, such as:
- Private photo access — although you can view hidden photos for free, they only become accessible after you receive a response from the girl in live chat or mail, meaning you’ll need to spend at least 200 to 1,000 credits.
- Live chat — 200 credits per minute with an additional 1,000 credits per photo and 2,000 per video. It’s the most convenient and familiar communication media, though it’s not always manageable because of the time difference.
- Disappearing photos — 1,200 credits per image. The pictures become unavailable within a short time of delivery to ensure they cannot be used for nefarious purposes.
- Disappearing videos — 2,500 credits per 30-second clip. Similar to disappearing photos, videos become unavailable soon after initial viewing.
- Mail — 3,000 credits per message, except for the first one, which is 1,000 credits. Emails support longer messages and free photo attachments, so they are perfectly suited for relationships with a significant time difference.
- Virtual gifts — there’s a nice selection of virtual presents for any budget, with prices ranging from 4,900 to 84,900 credits. We haven’t used this tool, though it seems a sure way to gain a lady’s attention, even if it’s not the same as proper flowers or gift delivery.
As mentioned,premium membership requires credits, which come in standard packages. The current rates are:
How to Search for Ladies
Althoughis extremely intuitive, we learned that it’s very different from other dating platforms in some regards. To make your dating experience smoother, let us share a few insights.
Search is the first button on the left of the navigation panel at the top of the page, so you won’t miss it. Search filters were pretty straightforward, considering we could only choose the preferred country and age range for the girls. Moreover, with so few members, only a handful of countries were available, and the age range stayed between 18 and 55, which was unusual for a dating site. We should also mention that the current country of residence didn’t always match the girl’s nationality. For instance, there were plenty of Ukrainian and Russian girls across the UAE, EU, and even Australia.
Another surprising thing about thesearch was how the results were displayed. Instead of a list or a grid of photos, we could only browse compatible profiles one at a time. On the one hand, it let us appreciate each lady, but it also took considerably longer to find someone we truly liked. We should also mention that clicking on the profile photo did not open the profile but scrolled through public photos. We had to click on the profile icon at the bottom of the picture to learn more about the girl, but at least the like and star buttons let us quickly add ladies to the list of likes and favorites.
User profiles seemed relatively scarce, even if most were verified by video and ID to prove the ladies were real. Each profile held the bare bones of a personality account, such as information on:
- Height and weight
- Marital status and children
- Smoking and drinking habits
- Interests and hobbies
- Education and job
Aside from public photos and videos, each profile also held a short personal description that shared just enough for us to find good conversation starters. About a third of the ladies chose to add private photos, which were exceedingly tempting.
We would have preferred to learn more about the girls before contacting them, though we believe there was just enough information to make guys excited to learn more. After all, the ladies were happy enough to chat and share their dreams and aspirations.
When starting new conversations, we found personal profiles to be the most comfortable option. We could type the message and press the “Chat now” button to get in touch with potential matches. And if the girl was offline, we could switch to the inbox tab to send her a letter instead of short messages. Besides, the chat interface onprovided instant access to all the extra tools, like photo and video attachments, virtual gifts, and more.
Messages and Inbox tabs in the navigation panel helped us keep track of multiple conversations without mixing up half a dozen ladies. At the same time, both tabs lacked any sort of organization options to sort through dozens of conversation threads. Even if we could search for ladies by their names, it wasn’t the most convenient option.
We did not experience an uncomfortable flood of stock messages from Romanceast members, though we received a couple of texts daily. At the same time, around two-thirds of the girls we contacted responded to our messages, and we managed to gauge compatibility and narrow down our options to a handful within a few minutes of chatting with each one.
Standout Romanceast Features
Throughout our trial run, we noticed a few things that setapart from other dating apps, and we’re happy to share our insights. If you try this dating platform, pay attention to the following:
- Instant media file delivery. The moment you choose a photo or video to upload, the message will go out automatically, and your balance will be charged, so make sure you pick the right file to send.
- Disappearing photos and videos. They cost a bit extra but can be useful if you want to exchange explicit or provocative files with your match. Once the messages disappear, no one can use them to blackmail you.
- Free photos in letters. Although they aren’t as fast as live chat and more expensive, emails let you attach several pictures for free, which can be useful for sending out initial messages to potential matches.
Romanceast is also one of the few dating platforms that always comes up with new features, so we’ll keep a close eye on it to see what it offers international daters next.
Our Experience on Romanceast
Saida (38) was the first woman we contacted because her story seemed too good to pass up. As a single mom living in Dubai, she didn’t look her age, and she was one of the few ladies with a public video clip in her. It took her a couple of days to respond to our email, but we really hit it off after a few initial stumbles. She was flirty and passionate but uninterested in a long-term relationship, so she was a perfect research subject for our trial run.
Supicha (31) fascinated us after a quick look at her. She was the one to write to us, and we couldn’t resist learning more about her hobbies. For such a gorgeous girl, collecting sexy swimsuits seemed natural, but her love of parrots was a surprise just as much as her plans to move to the US and purchase a house. She was looking for a serious relationship, so we let her down gently and wished her the best of luck in her search.
Saltanat (33) drew us in with her lovely pictures, in which she looked nothing short of a movie star. We were curious to learn about her US management degree, which seemed to complement her controlling personality nicely. At times, she seemed a bit pushy, but she was also easy to flirt and chat with, and we loved seeing more of her photos. Moving to the US was her ultimate goal, and we were sure she’d have no trouble finding a match on.
I’m chatting with a couple of girls from China and Argentina on, and I love the different vibes I get from them. It’s all live chat with one and letters with another, but they are both gorgeous and fun, even if their English is a bit spotty.
I never got disappearing photos before I started using. The thrill of getting the picture and enjoying it while it lasts adds just enough spice to my chats with Zhu to keep things interesting for weeks.
Online dating rookie here, and I chosebecause it seemed like the least intimidating option. It didn’t take me long to find a cute girl to brighten up my nights, even if we were only chatting for half an hour every other day.
I like how easy it is to look for girls and get in touch, but I wishhad a few more features, like calls or video chat. I don’t feel like my connection with the ladies is solid enough if I can’t see and hear them. And waiting for a chance to swap contacts takes forever.
Scam and Common Problems on Romanceast
Ourtrial run took only a few weeks, and we didn’t find too many customer reviews online, considering the dating platform is so new. Still, we dug deeper to uncover the common issues users run into on its sister sites, like TheLuckyDate. Here are a few typical problems you may encounter:
- “You basically pay for chatting.” No dating site can guarantee you’ll meet your perfect match and live happily ever after. At best, they provide a place for singles to meet and communicate. That’s exactly what Romanceast does, and like most reputable platforms, it relies on credits to operate.
- “The women are fake because they don’t share their contacts.” Sending contact information in live chat or mail is prohibited by the Terms and Conditions of the dating website, just like it is on most similar platforms. Moreover, some ladies may not be comfortable sharing their personal details with strangers, as dating sites offer at least a modicum of security, while messengers don’t.
- “Girls profess their undying love in the second message.” That certainly is a red flag to avoid. We recommend reporting abuse and blocking any girls spouting love confessions without meeting you in person or spending a few months chatting online. Unfortunately, fakes and scammers can sneak in even onto otherwise reliable dating sites.
- “The girls are too young and too pretty.” Anyone who looks too good to be true is probably a con artist, especially on dating sites. We urge you to be careful and use common sense when dealing with potential matches. If anyone makes you uncomfortable and gives you pause, report and block them without remorse to stay safe.
- “Women are always online and respond in seconds.” That may be a sign of a scam, but it can also be that some girls work from home or have the option to keep a dating app tab open at work. If their notifications are on, they can respond to your messages as soon as they come in. If you’re really worried, try logging in at an unusual time for you, such as early morning, to see who you can find online.
Since online romance scams cost Americans $1.3 billion in 2022, it’s natural to feel anxious when using a dating site. You can rely on FTC or BBB recommendations to avoid trouble, but even using basic online safety precautions is helpful. Here’s a short checklist to remind you of what you should never do on dating sites:
- Do not share your credit card or cash app information.
- Do not provide your address, phone number, or social security number to ladies you meet online.
- Do not send nude or explicit photos and videos to strangers to avoid blackmail.
- Do not agree to accept payments or shipments on anyone’s behalf.
- Do not send money to people in need if you’ve never met them in person.
- Do not take offers to learn cryptocurrency investment or other shady investment schemes.
Althoughdoes its best to screen members and only accepts those with ID and photo verification, no dating site is 100% safe from fake profiles and scammers. Ultimately, you are responsible for recognizing the red flags and avoiding trouble. Common sense, image search, and security precautions should keep you relatively safe.
How to Cancel or Pause a Subscription
Although Romanceast does not offer monthly subscriptions, the dating site can charge your credit card automatically when the credit balance dips below a certain threshold. To prevent unexpected charges, go to the profile settings and deactivate the automatic top-up. But remember that you won’t be able to chat and send messages if your credits run out. You will need to replenish the balance manually when you resume using the dating site.
How to Delete a Profile
- Find the Account deactivation tab
It's in the Apps setting menu. There, you’ll find two options.
- Choose "Hide account" or "Permanently delete account"
If you pick “Hide account,” you will be able to reactive the profile.
- Press "Permanently delete account"
All your personal information will be deleted, and your remaining credits will be voided.
- Confirm the deactivation process
Then you will be asked to enter your password.
Note that if you pick “Hide account,” your profile won’t appear in search results, and you won’t receive messages from other members ornotifications. But you will be able to resume dating, and your credits will also be safe.
If you choose “Permanently delete account,” your remaining credits will be voided. You will need to create a new account and start from scratch if you ever decide to return to Romanceast and resume international online dating.
5 Tips to Make the Most of Romanceast
- Switch between live chat and mail, depending on your schedule and the time difference.
- Add private photos to your profile to make it interesting; the hidden images will fire up the ladies’ curiosity.
- Be generous with likes; it will help the dating site generate mutual matches for you.
- Keep an eye on the credit balance if you love swapping photos, which drains your funds fast.
- Try on mobile; it’s convenient even without a dedicated app, especially with the dark mode.
The Verdict on Romanceast.com—Our Experts' Opinions
Is Romanceast the best dating site out there? Hardly, but it can be a great entry point for guys new to the idea of international online dating. It’s easy and intuitive, and it won’t bombard you with dozens of messages and incomprehensible features. Instead, you’ll get a clean layout and convenient navigation, coupled with a lively dating pool full of attractive ladies from all over the world. You may grow out of it and switch to a dating service with video call and gift delivery capabilities. Still, you may also stick with Romanceast as a familiar and comfortable option.
So, if you’ve always been nervous about trying online dating, it’s a good place to start, especially with a free registration and a welcome bonus. You don’t risk anything by creating a dating profile.