JollyRomance Dating Review: Registration, Communication, Prices
JollyRomance is one of the dating sites that piqued our interest—we wondered what made over 200,000 people use it monthly, so we decided to join the community and test all its features. We share our experience and our thoughts on the site’s pros, cons, and pricing policy in this JollyRomance review.
Top alternative dating sites in other regions
|best website in Asian region||Free|
|best website in Slavic region||Free|
|best website in Latin region||Free|
Things we liked
- Most members have pretty detailed profiles and at least 5 photos
- Bonus credits are granted to new members
- Swiping feature allows finding random matches
- Credits are not so expensive compared with many other niche online dating sites
- Most members we contacted responded to our messages
Things we didn’t like
- Real gifts are too expensive
- There is no mobile app (the site is mobile-optimized though)
- You can’t open Mails without paying
Who is the JollyRomance dating site for?
- People who are curious about international dating
- Busy singles who don’t want to waste too much time looking for matches by trial and error IRL
- Men who want to meet Eastern European girls and Slavic ladies open to interaction with western guys
Getting started: Creating an account on JollyRomance.com
So, JollyRomance is not the most popular but a rapidly-growing dating website that connects western men (mostly from New Zealand, the US, and Canada) with Slavic women (most are from Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus). It’s not one of the sites that let you browse profiles before you create an account. There were a few screenshots we’ve seen and a few Jolly Romance reviews we’ve read, but it was not enough to realize what exactly we can expect from this platform.
So, we decided not to postpone registering on the site—fortunately, it didn’t take too much time. That’s what we did to get our new JollyRomance account:
- Visited the official website and filled in the registration form (you only need to indicate your gender, provide an email, choose a birth date, and create a password)
- Moved on to the quizzes and answered most questions about ourselves (or our fictional character of a single man, to be exact) and our perfect match and relationship goals
- Uploaded a profile picture
Note that you can skip all the stages except for the first one. However, you’ll get an empty profile, which is no good if you are really going to use the JollyRomance service. What we found out is that on the JollyRomance website, female members don’t start that messaging attack when they see a new male member. You will need to take the first steps, and your chances of getting a response will be significantly lower if you have a low-effort profile. We tested that, actually—once we deleted the profile pic, ladies stopped responding to the messages.
Tips on how to create a good profile on JollyRomance
- You’ll be able to write a self-description, and we do recommend adding it—just describe briefly what you are looking for on Jolly Romance
- The registration process will be longer if you ask all the questions. It’s not a must—you can skip questions that seem weird to you—most answers won’t be displayed in your profile.
- The more photos, the better—add at least 2-3 pics if you want to get a lot of attention from potential matches.
|$2.99||20 credits (only for new customers, the price is $9.99 for regular members)|