is a new online dating website, but the thing is, it now has over 200,000 monthly visits, and that’s more than many old platforms have. That seemed pretty interesting, so our team decided to join the site and buy some credits to find out if it’s worth the money. We analyze all of the benefits and drawbacks, as well as the pricing policy, in our La-Date review.
Top Alternative Dating Sites
Best European platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Asian platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Latin platform
🎁 Get free credits
La-Date Free Trial
has a bonus program that lets all new members test some of the premium services. It’s not exactly a classic free trial—users don’t get all premium features unlocked for a certain period of time, but they all get 20 free credits to spend on any premium features, including messaging. Once bonus credits are spent, a member can make a more informed decision to keep using the site or to search for another dating platform. If they decide to stay, they’ll also get a discount for the first credits they purchase.
Who Is theDating Site For?
- Singles who consider the idea of finding a partner abroad
- Men who don’t know what type of a relationship is the best for them and want to communicate with multiple women
- Single people who have difficulty finding a partner in real life
Men canfor free and use the free version of the site, which lets them learn about members, evaluate the potential response rate, and have a few chats, but they’ll need to pay for further conversations with ladies, regardless of what they choose, live chat or Mails. The competition for men is higher—the male-to-female ratio is 70/30%, but it’s not more fierce than on other dating sites in this segment of the market, as well as on mainstream dating apps.
Women can use communication features, namely, live chat and Mails, for free. Registration is also free for female members, but the rules are much stricter. In particular, women must verify their identities, and unlike men, they can’t skip questions in the quiz orwithout a photo. On top of that, women must add multiple high-quality photos and are encouraged to add introductory profile videos, too.
- Fast and free registration
- User-friendly modern site
- You don’t have to pay immediately after you sign up
- Search works fast enough
- We couldn’t find any fake accounts with stolen photos
- You can’t watch profile videos for free
- There’s no video chat
- We’ve run out of bonus credits pretty soon
Popular La-Date Profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Getting Started: Creating an Account on La-Date.com
The name of the site refers to Latin dating as it was designed for Latin women and men who want to date them, and as we’ve noted before. After doing some research onand its niche, we moved on to signing up for the site. Well, that was a regular procedure (there were no red flags like asking to provide your payment details when creating an account), but there were a few surprising things—for example, we could skip literally any stage except for providing basic information like email address. We decided not to do so, though, as we needed to use our profile to communicate with members as a real user seeking new relationships.
That's why we did the following:
- Filled in the registration form on the site (provided a valid email, entered a username, indicated gender and date of birth)
- Answered some questions about ourselves, our online dating experience, hobbies, and interests
- Then we were offered to share our preferences and answer a few questions about our ideal partner (we answered all of them to see if the site suggests really good matches)
- Uploaded one profile photo (we could skip that, too)
After that, we saw some matches we could like but couldn't view the profiles (which was pretty weird) and got access to the site with all the features. It took about 7 minutes, some questions seemed interesting, some seemed useless, but we got our new profile pretty easily, and most importantly, for free.
Tips on How to Create a Good Profile on La-Date
- Only basic info like age, education, and occupation will be displayed in your profile, so don't skip such questions.
- Other questions are rather for fun—we can assume the system uses it just to collect statistics.
- Upload a photo, at least one—it really makes the profile work better and attracts the interest of other users.
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:||697K|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||25-34|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||93%|
|😍 Success rate:||91%|
Free & Premium Features
On, there are two sets of features: features available to all members and premium tools that can be used only by paying members. We used the site as a free member and then upgraded our account to find out if La-Date really makes a good value for money, and here's what our experience has shown.
- Using free communication tools (sending winks)
- Search and People
- Viewing profiles
- Following others
- Live text chat
- Watching profile videos
- Contact and real meeting requests
- International gift delivery
Our free membership plan granted access to the following features:
- Search and People. Both are just the types of search—advanced filters let us find someone who met specific criteria (from age to education and habits) while the People feature was just a fun way to discover random matches.
- Viewing profiles. We looked through hundreds of profiles of female users not only to find matches but also to analyze the overall quality of accounts. If this was a premium feature, we'd probably spend hundreds of dollars on it. Fortunately, it was free, and we could access all the information and files except for private pics and profile videos (a user can view private photos only after contacting a member, and watching videos is a premium feature).
- Following others as if it was a basic version of Instagram. All members of the community can also view posts on the Newsfeed for free and follow the users they like to see new photos they publish. We followed a few members, and though people don't post something as often as on Instagram, it's still a fun feature for a dating website.
- Support. There's no live chat on La-Date, at least for now. Members can only send emails to [email protected] and describe the issue. We tested this service, and well, though we had to wait for the responses for 5+ hours (maybe it's because of different time zones), we still received them.
- Using free communication tools. In fact, sending winks was the only way to contact others without paying. We could also like profiles and add them to Favorites. Winks worked well, but not all female members contacted them after getting notified that we were interested in further conversation.
Premium Features and How Much Do They Cost?
So, we couldn't buy a premium plan and just enjoy unlimited messaging—that's not howworks. Members can control their spending instead by buying credits (there are a few packages available) and paying for different premium features. Prices are different—the more credits you buy, the less a credit cost, so we decided to buy the most expensive (and at the same time the cheapest) package—750 credits for $149,99, $0,2 per credit, respectively. We spent them all during a month (we contacted a lot of women, though), and here are the features we've been using more or less often:
- Live text chat—10 credits ($2) for 5 minutes. This was definitely our favorite tool just because 1) we mostly contacted women who were online 2) we prefer to write and read tons of short messages instead of writing/reading long letters 3) it was more cost-effective for us. The chat itself works like a regular messenger—you can not only type your message but also send stickers and various media files (most ladies sent us photos (regular ones, no explicit content) when we asked for them, by the way).
- Mails (long emails, 3,000 characters max)—30 credits ($6) per Mail. Members who, unlike us, prefer to write and read long letters instead of typing 10 messages per minute, can use this feature and test the service for a lower price—our first Mail cost us $4 instead of $6.
- Watching profile videos—50 credits ($10) per video. This feature is pretty expensive considering it's not a video chat, it's just a profile introductory video that lasts a few minutes. Still, we've watched a few of them and decided that's probably a feature for men who want to make sure a woman is real (all ladies we've checked looked exactly like their pictures, some were just smiling, and some told us a bit about themselves).
- Contact and real meeting requests. Contact requests are free, but a member can't send them without spending 3000 credits on interaction with one member. After that, if a member accepts the request, these users will be able to chat for free. Of course, we didn't reach this limit—our goal was to contact a lot of different women. As for meeting requests, they cost 625 credits (about $125) and can be useful only for those who've already met someone special and are ready to meet this person in real life.
- International gift delivery—prices vary and start from about $80 for an item. Again, this is rather a feature for those who've already met someone special on the site and want to surprise her with a cute gift. We didn't test it but asked the support about how it actually works. Your gift (flowers, device, food basket, whatever) will be delivered pretty fast right to a woman's doorstep (we suppose the company has a supplier in Eastern Europe).
So, what we learned from using thedating website is that you should spend your credits wisely—otherwise, it can turn into a high-end platform to find a Latin girlfriend. Still, we could develop a strategy (as we've noted, we made messaging our main communication tool) that probably saved hundreds of dollars for us and made a few very attractive ladies (we'll talk about our experience on the site in more detail below).
How to Look for Matches on La-Date?
We tested all types of search on:
- Basic search with only two filters—age and online status
- Extended search with plenty of filters including age, education, marital status, habits, and more
- People—swiping feature that lets you find random matches
How good is each of them? For us, the People feature was the best one just because we weren't looking for someone who'd meet our specific criteria. Still, we tested advanced and basic search, too, and the basic version works pretty much like a swiping feature—after all, there are only two features. An advanced search is a great tool—the results were more than satisfying as we could find pretty many people who met all our criteria. The only complaint we had was that we couldn't look for women by appearance, for example, only blondes or ladies without tattoos, etc.
Profiles of Female Users
Speaking of attractive female members, most of them share a lot of information, and most importantly, upload high-quality pictures. Most profiles we viewed (and as we've said, we viewed hundreds of them) contained the following:
- A profile photo and all other public pictures of a user on the left of the page.
- Chat window right under the profile picture and some basic details like age and location (basically, that means that you can contact someone without knowing much about this person, but we preferred to learn more about members just because it saves time and money).
- Basic information like education, children, marital status.
- The About Me section with self-description written by women (this section is actually what makes profiles unique, so we paid special attention to it.)
The good news is also that we saw immediately if the profile is validated (profiles have those validated badges).
How to Interact With Members on La-Date?
So, there are winks, likes, and favorites, but live chat and Mails are still the main communication tools on this website.
- Chat is available almost on any page of the site, whether on search results, in a personal profile, or when using the People feature.
- As we've noted, we could send stickers, media files, and emoji using chat (note that sending a media file is not free—it costs 10 credits per picture.)
- As for the Mails, they can be sent only after viewing a member's profile (there is a Chat/Mails section under the photos and basic details). Members can also go to Mail after clicking the Messages link on the Main Menu at the top of the homepage.
- As for the winks, members can send them only after viewing a profile (in the Chat window) or when using the People feature.
What Makes La-Date Stand Out
We've been using and testing many dating sites, and here's what was special about:
- Following members and the Newsfeed. We could follow everyone who seemed attractive to us even without viewing a profile, just when using the People feature. Women post photos of their pets, their pictures, and that can really help one learn more about the real life of a woman he likes.
- Contact requests. The very fact that you can stop paying for communication at a certain stage is inspiring—a man can be sure that if he meets someone special, he'll be able to have those long conversations with her for free.
- Real meeting request. La-Date is a dating platform created for people with different relationship goals. But if one finds a soulmate, he can take a relationship to a new level and finally meet his perfect match in real life.
Our User Experience
We talked to a lot of women, most of whom were from Colombia. Testing different communication features was one of our priorities, but as we've mentioned, live chat was definitely our favorite tool, so we chose ladies who often were online. Who were they? Well, all the women were different—each had her own stories, goals, and interests, and to be honest, we don't remember them all (even though most were very attractive). We were inspired by the story of a woman from Venezuela who remained so funny and positive despite all the difficulty she experienced in her home country, a mature lady from Leticia, Colombia, who emphasized that she wasn't looking for a nice guy (not a benefactor) and hated it when men were trying to buy her (yes, that's not what most men expect from ladies on dating sites).
Another pretty young lady from Colombia said she was dreaming of entering the university in the United States and staying in this country to meet someone special and build a career. Overall, the experience was more than satisfying—what we know for sure thatis not one of the online dating sites where messages are auto-generated, but we also must emphasize that it's also not one of the sites where people have similar goals, so asking a woman what exactly she's looking for is necessary to find out whether you should pay for further conversations with her or not.
Feedback From La-Date Members
I pickedbecause it’s just like Facebook or Instagram. I log in, scroll the feed, and chat with girls who catch my eye. And the best thing is that I can check their profiles first to learn what they’re looking for. I’ve already come across a couple of cute Latina ladies, but I’m not ready to settle down yet.
I’m not a huge fan of the pricing, but at leastlets me control how much money I spend on a woman. I usually skip profile videos because they’re too expensive. Instead, I prefer live chat and live streams. I wish there were more streamers, but considering it’s free, I won’t put up much of a fuss.
I met Marizza ona few months ago, and we’ve been chatting ever since. I’m hoping to meet her in person sometime this year if I can swing a trip to Argentina. Not ready to say she’s the one, but I have a good feeling about her.
I burned through the first $150 worth of credits in two days flat, but it was a conscious decision on my part. I wanted to test all features to see which ones would work best for me. Since then, I’ve been sticking to mail because I never have enough time for a meaningful live chat.
La-Date Scams: Potential Problems Users May Face
Though we usually spend up to a month on dating sites we analyze, andisn’t an exception, we realize this is not always enough to spot all the problems users may face on a platform. That’s why we also search for feedback from other members, analyse the one we get here, on our website, and share information on the most common difficulties and suspicions others may have.
- The system that works to make you stay and pay. Some members noted that though the registration is completely free, the site works to get you hooked to keep paying. The representatives of the company note that access to profiles and many other features is free, and there are bonus credits to test the platform, but La-Date is an international communication platform that provides services on a prepaid basis, so members need to buy credits for further communication. We agree that 20 bonus credits aren’t enough to meet someone on the site and get close enough to this person, so we recommend considering that you’ll still need to pay here and develop a good dating strategy to cut costs.
- Many attractive women who don’t want to communicate outside the site. Men note that when they ask a female member for an email or WhatsApp number, they refuse to give it to them. The administration notes that they provide a safe place for communication but don’t control how members interact and take decisions on the site. Users who have any doubts about other members can report scams and their requests will be processed. We, in turn, can only note that this is the system that many niche international sites use—there may be sanctions for users who communicate outside the website because otherwise, members wouldn’t have paid for the communication and just would keep chatting elsewhere. Moreover, it can also be a personal choice of a user: they simply might want to keep themselves safe and avoid providing personal information before they are sure their interlocutor is a 100% adequate person who won’t be stalking them. Again, that’s one of the common and widely used schemes, and if it doesn’t work for you, we recommend joining another type of website.
- Technical errors. Some users note that they’ve been trying to update their files to chat using special codes, but the code was always invalid and members were losing their money because the site would debit their accounts. The company recommends reaching their support team to solve the problem, and in this case, that’s the only option. We can only recommend looking for an alternative email address or phone number if you can’t reach them using the main email address—such information can be found in the Terms & Conditions.
- High prices for credits. Male members often note that though the experience and communication on the site are fun and satisfying, the costs are still too high so they suppose women get paid for the communication. The representatives of the company note that women don’t get financial compensation of any kind, and all the costs are available on the price list. We, in turn, can only emphasize that this is a high-end site, so, as we’ve noted previously, every member should control their spending and develop a strategy not to spend too much on the most expensive features, for example, watching profile videos.
Also, everyone who’s going to useor any other dating website should follow some common safety rules to protect themselves from scammers:
- Spot suspicious messages. If messages from different people look the same, if a member sounds weird, and if you see that sometimes, one person says something contradictory, that’s a red flag.
- Be cautious if things are moving too fast. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ve met your soulmate. If there’s too much initiative from someone, it might mean the scammer is just trying to gain your trust.
- Never send money. Don’t send your money to whoever asks for it. It’s always a scammer, no exception.
- Don’t share personal and financial information. A stranger doesn’t need to know your real address, let alone your credit card number. We also recommend being careful with photos and videos that you send to others.
How to Cancel or Pause a Subscription
uses credits instead of a subscription, so there will be no regular charges unless Automatic Top-Up is enabled. To disable it, you just need to go to your Profile Settings (just click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the Main Page), scroll to the Billing section if you are a mobile user uncheck the Automatic Top-Up box. After you disable Automatic Top-Ups you can be sure that if your credit balance is low, you won't be charged unless you return and switch on this feature once again.
How to Delete a Profile?
Users can also deactivate their profiles. Follow these easy steps, if you want to delete or deactivate your profile:
- Open your full profile
Click on your profile image located in the top right corner.
- Press "Deactivate profile"
The "Deactivate profile" button is easy to find in the upper right-hand corner of the Settings tab.
- Select "Deactivate my profile permanently"
Click on it when prompted on the next screen.
- Confirm the deactivation process
The dating platform will request a password confirmation before the profile is deactivated.
From then on, members won't be able to see your profile, and you won't receive notifications from LaDate. Deactivated profiles can be easily reactivated without the loss of data.
How to Use La-Date Properly—Tips & Recommendations
We spent over a month on thewebsite, and here are the tips we wish we could give ourselves before starting using the site:
- There are welcome complimentary bonuses on LaDate, and the best way to spend them is to chat with someone online or send 2 Mails.
- Follow all women you like and view their posts regularly—that's how you can learn more about the member without starting a conversation (and therefore, without paying) and make sure that you'd really like to spend some real money on talking with her.
- Women on La Date.com do read men's bios pretty carefully, so make some effort to make your profile look good—add some photos and mention your relationship goals. Again, that just saves time and money both for you and female members.
The Verdict on Ladate.com—Our Experts' Opinions
La-Date.com is one of the regional sites that doesn’t promise you to find a soulmate—it just provides dating services and lets people interact in plenty of different ways. The only serious drawback is that video chat is not on the list, at least for now, but as for the rest of the features, they all work pretty well.
I always appreciate it when a dating site tries to be something more than just a dating site. La-Date also works as a social media platform, and that’s one of the things that makes it stand out.
La-Date is an international dating website created exclusively for Latin and Western singles seeking cross-cultural relationships. It falls under the category of casual dating sites, but it can also work for those who expect to find a long-term boyfriend or girlfriend here.
No, La-Date can’t be considered a completely free online dating platform. There are certain features that all members can use, but you can’t communicate with others in live chat or via Mails as a non-paying user. There are 20 bonus credits you can claim to test the premium services, but you’ll need to get more once you run out of them.
Yes, it’s a legit, well-moderated website designed for Latin singles and western men who want to find them. It provides dating services and nothing but dating services and is legal in most countries of the world.
Yes, most female profiles are validated, and many women have profile videos. Messages sent by women are definitely authentic: we failed to find at least one profile with stolen photos using Google image search. Male profiles are usually less detailed, but our analysis shows that men on the site are also real.
There are free features, and generally speaking, you can create a profile, use search, follow others, and send winks for free, but you can’t chat with other members or send Mails without spending credits. 20 credits are granted to all new users to test these communication tools.