was the number one site on our list of online dating sites to join, test, analyze and review. The thing is, it has an insanely large number of monthly visits—over 4 million compared to 100-200 thousand on the sites of its competitors. So, our team joined this online dating platform and we’ve been using it for a few months, and now we’re ready to share our thoughts on Orchid Romance, its features, pros, cons, and prices with you.
Top Alternative Dating Sites
Best European platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Asian platform
🎁 Get free credits
Best Latin platform
🎁 Get free credits
Who Is theDating Site for?
- Singles who don’t want or have difficulty approaching a potential partner in real life
- Singles who want to choose between multiple matches
- People who are curious about getting closer with someone from another county and international dating at large
is likely to work great for men who are looking for a place where they’ll get enough attention from women. Though the male-to-female ratio is 70% to 30%, it’s still better than on many similar websites, and the community is more active overall, so the response rate is high. A male user also doesn’t have to share much personal information when setting up an account, so it’s also the right site for those who value privacy.
Women get a serious advantage as the competition is lower for them. Moreover, messaging is free for female users. However, unlike men, they must provide enough accurate information about themselves, can’twithout adding multiple photos, and are encouraged to add introductory videos. Profile verification is also a must. Still, all that effort is compensated by the high number of potential matches and free communication.
- Bonus credits for registration
- Live streams
- Many search filters
- A lot of validated profiles
- Transparent pricing policy
- No Orchid Romance app
- Users can’t read Mails for free
- Users can’t watch profile videos for free
Popular OrchidRomance Profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Getting Started: Creating an Account on OrchidRomance.com
is an Asian dating site which means that it accepts male members worldwide and female users from Asian countries, mostly from China, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Thailand. As we’ve already noted, it’s incredibly popular, so we couldn’t wait to join it to find out what’s the secret of such great success.
If you’ve ever used online dating platforms, you know the main rule—if you want to have a proper online dating experience, you need a good profile. Keeping this in mind, we moved on to creating an account on Orchid Romance. Here is what we did to get it:
- Browsed the site and provided all the details in our profile (not much was required—you only need to enter your name, email, indicate gender and date of birth, there is no need to provide contact details like phone number or address)
- Confirmed that we want to create an account and moved on to the quiz, answered some questions about ourselves (we signed up as a man who's just curious about meeting Asian women online without previous online dating experience) and matches we'd like to find
- Wrote short self-description on behalf of a single man from Ohio who wants to meet a single lady from Asia
- Uploaded a profile photo
In fact, you can skip all the questions on the site and even create a profile without a photo—if you want to test the site first, you can do it and add all the information later.
Tips on How to Create a Profile on OrchidRomance
- Provide a valid email address—you will get bonus credits for confirming it
- You don't have to answer all the questions, and not all of them will be used to complete your profile—only basic information like occupation, age, weight, height, and habits will be displayed
- Both men and women should add profile photos to make their profiles work well and stand the competition (nearly all members have profile pictures, so an empty profile will hardly get a lot of attention)
General information about:
|📈 Monthly visits:||1.2M|
|⏳ Most dominant age:||25-34|
|👤 Profiles with photo:||94%|
|😍 Success rate:||92%|
How Much Does Using Orchid Romance Cost?
dating site can't be considered a free platform—there are premium features and paid features, and for us, the question was if this is a good value for money. We bought the most expensive and, at the same time, the cheapest credit package (it cost us $149,99 for 750 credits, but the cost per credit was the lowest) and tested all the communication tools. Now, we're going to talk about the actual value of all the premium services in more detail.
It would be fair to start with the free options—there are pretty many of them on the site. Before we bought credits, we could use the following standard features:
- Access to profiles and public photos. When we created an account, we immediately got access to all the accounts, even before confirming an email address. On the Orchid Romance website, there are no limits or restrictions on browsing profiles or public pictures, so we could look through and check numerous accounts before the upgrade.
- Basic search and the People feature. Currently, there is no extended search on a platform, which is obviously a drawback, but there is basic search with three filters, namely gender, age, and country can be applied by all standard members. The same goes for the People swiping feature—we could discover random matches, view profiles, and send winks and likes for free.
- Watching streams, communication in public chat. There are not so many streamers on Orchid Romance right now, but all of them can be watched for free. As a free member, we could watch any show (it has nothing to do with anything related to sex, it's a dating site, so women are just chatting and looking for a match) and talk to a streamer and other viewers in public chat. Donations are not free, but they're optional, and the costs are pretty low (10-14 credits).
- Following users, viewing their posts in the Feed. is a mixed platform—it's not only a dating website but a half-social media site, too. We could view posts by browsing the Feed and see posts from a member in their profile just by scrolling down the page.
- Favorites, likes, and winks—that's how we could let a member know we're interested in a conversation, but of course, they worked worse than actual messages.
- Support service. We reached support twice, not because we needed help but to test the services. In both cases, we received a response in less than an hour, and it could really solve our problem if we really had it.
So, we can't say that online communication onis available only to paying users—unlike many other similar platforms, this site lets a user watch streams and interact with other viewers and a streamer for free, but if you want to start a private conversation (any kind of a private conversation, in live chat or via Mails), you'll need to purchase credits. The same goes for other premium services that we list below.
Premium Features: How Much Do They Cost?
We had 750 credits, and here are the features we could spend them on:
- Instant messaging—20 credits per 10 minutes for texting, 5 credits per sticker, 10 credits per photo, 50 credits for watching a video
- Mails—10 credits for the first message (Mail), 30 credits for all following Mails, sending photos is free, viewing a photo costs 10 credits, watching a video costs 50 credits.
- Watching a profile video—50 credits.
- Real gifs—from 499 credits for a gift + 100 credits for the gift delivery.
- Virtual gifts—from 69 credits per gift.
- Contact information request—you can request contact and personal details for free but only after you spend 3000 credits on conversations with this member.
- Real meeting request—625 credits (doesn't include travel expenses and translation services).
We ran out of credits in around 3 weeks. We controlled our spending, but we also tried to reach as many women as possible to understand who exactly the members of the community are. If we were pickier and talked only to 3-5 women, we obviously would spend 2-3 times less than that. Generally speaking, Orchid Romance is not the most expensive international dating website, but also not the cheapest one, and some features like watching videos cost too much, which is why using them less often definitely makes sense.
How to Look for Matches on Orchid Romance Dating Site?
So, how is it possible to find someone special on, and is it a good dating site in terms of search? Here are the two main types of search that the site offers:
- Basic search with 3 filters—gender, country, and age
- The People (swiping) feature
We could start searching for matches with one click—there's the search button on the Main Menu, and we could also look for members who are currently online, those we're already following, or choose all the members.
Though basic search works properly, advanced search with extra filters was one of the main things we've been missing on this dating website. When we searched for matches, it was pretty easy to find a gorgeous woman, but we had to view the profile to learn at least basic information about her—find out what her marital status is, if she is employed or not, if she has children, etc.
The same goes for the People feature (the People link is also available on the Main Menu). It was more fun than using the basic search as you can see a big photo of a member and her location, but we had to browse profiles to learn more anyway.
Profiles of Female Members on Orchid Romance
Unlike search filters, profiles impressed our experts. Obviously, the site doesn't let Asian women who aren't ready to provide enough details even join the community. Nearly all the profiles we found were validated and pretty detailed. Here's what we could see after browsing a random personal page:
- Short self-description. It's rather a half profile headline, a half the About Me section. It could be more detailed and longer overall, but in most cases, other users provide the most important information at the top of their profile, and that works pretty well for users who want to see the message from a member themselves first.
- Public photos and private photos. We paid for private photos, and to be honest, they don't differ much from public pictures. Moreover, most ladies add at least 5 public photos, so it's enough to understand what a member looks like.
- The chat window. We could contact a member right away if we wanted to, but getting more information before spending credits on messaging always seemed a better idea.
- Basic details—relationship goals, age, marital status, location, personality type, English level, occupation, etc. This is nearly the most useful section—it really contains a lot of basic but essential details.
- A member's posts (if any). That was a useful feature as we could see all the previous posts from a user, and in 90% of cases, they gave us more information than all the previously mentioned profile sections.
Some registered users also have profile videos, but we didn't view all of them just because it costs too much virtual money and makes sense only if you're really interested in this very member and want to make sure they're real.
How to Communicate with Members on Orchid Romance?
As for communication tools on, messaging is the main one. There is live chat, and there are Mails and stream chats, but basically, members interact via text.
- When we wanted to reach someone, we did it by choosing Chat or Mails right on a profile page—as we've noted previously, there's a chat window, so you can type your message right away.
- Also, users can click Messages on the Main Menu and access their inbox—active chats and Mails.
- There was a public chat with a streamer that added more entertainment to the activity on the platform. The main principle of this feature’s work is the following: a member sees the chat after joining the stream as a viewer, and they can also go to a streamer's profile and send a private message if they want to.
Generally speaking, we could start a live chat/send Mails in any way we wanted, by clicking Chat Now on one of the profiles on search results, using the People feature, after viewing a post and going a profile—even a beginner will hardly experience any difficulty with starting a new conversation on Orchid Romance.
What Makes OrchidRomance Stand Out?
definitely has some special features, and most are available even to members who haven't purchased one of the credit packages yet:
- Newsfeed and posts from members. Online communication is definitely more fun with some social media features. We could learn a lot from posts whether after browsing random posts on Newsfeed or by looking through the previous posts in one's profiles, following others, viewing pictures, and reading posts—definitely a great experience for a dating platform.
- Personal meeting requests. We didn't test this feature as we weren't going to meet anyone in real life, but it's a special and rather interesting feature that most other dating sites don't have.
- Streams. We also must admit streams are great for having some fun and interacting with women and men registered on the site. Our experts chatted with streamer girls, and they are just women looking for someone on the platform—they don't ask for donations a lot and talk about the things people usually discuss on the dating site, and the chance of starting a relationship with one of the streamers is pretty high overall.
Our User Experience
As we've noted previously, we didn't just visit the site—we actually purchased credits and communicated with members, and that's what distinguishes our analysis offrom many other Orchid Romance reviews.
The experience was pretty fun, and we assumed that if we were really looking for someone special on the site, we could succeed. We watched a lot of streams because it's a free and engaging way to meet new people, and we even spent some credits on conversations for streamers. Though we suppose that women can turn donations into money, it hardly can be considered a salary, and ladies were just chatting with us, trying to learn more about us and expressing interest in further communication. Generally speaking, these were the regular members looking for new people and potential partners.
We also used the People feature a lot to meet women seeking relationships. We've found dozens of interesting profiles and started many conversations, and around 50% of them lasted at least 1-2 weeks. Most of the ladies we were talking to spoke English pretty well and were looking for something serious (we tried to ask whether it was okay for them just to spend a few weeks together on vacation) rather than something casual. We should also note that most ladies were employed and obviously not looking for a sugar daddy or benefactor.
Feedback From Orchid Romance Members
I’ve been usingfor over a month now, and I am generally pleased with my experience. The site is quite a standard international dating platform. But it’s cool that it has a verification procedure, so there are no doubts that a member is legit.
Frankly, I wasn’t expecting much from the website as I always believed that international dating is not accessible to regular guys. But that was my mistake.has a friendly environment, and there are many perks and discounts for new users.
The site works fine. I can’t say that I’ve got a wow effect. From my experience,is a decent service but very similar to other Asian dating sites.
When I created a personal page on, I wasn’t thinking about any serious relationships. I just wanted to get some steam off after breaking up with my girlfriend of 5 years. Little did I know then, as I met my now girlfriend there. Because we live in different countries, we have a long-distance relationship, but I’m already planning to travel to China.
OrchidRomance Scams: Problems to Be Aware of
We’ve been usingfor a pretty long time both as non-paying and Premium members. Nonetheless, we must admit that the time we spend on this and other sites isn’t always enough to find all the possible problems users may face. That’s why we usually consider other members’ complaints, and in the case of OrchidRomance, they are as follows:
- Models getting paid for the services. Some members assume that women are just models who get paid by the company to keep men interested. The representatives of the site, in turn, note that they don’t pay salaries to members and verify all female profiles before they make the personal page of a woman visible to others. We didn’t experience that on the site—women seemed to be genuinely interested in communication and some even stopped responding to the messages, but we still recommend our readers to be careful and cautious when interacting with ladies.
- Technical errors and suspended accounts. There are users who tried to top up their balances on the site but the payments were rejected. Multiple attempts led to a full account lockout. The administration notes that this may have happened because of the bank and they, in turn, may request additional confirmation from a user. In this case, the only way to solve the problem is to keep trying to reach the support team, and if for some reason, the main email doesn’t work, we can recommend searching for an alternative email address in the Terms and Conditions.
- Similar messages from different women. Some men note they received similar messages from different members, and the representatives of the company again emphasize that they don’t hire women and aren’t responsible for the way members interact. We also received a few similar, but not 100% copied, messages but that’s common on dating sites where people talk about the same things. However, if the messages match up word for word, it’s a good reason to report scams.
- Too high prices for messaging. Many users complain about the costs of services, and we can confirm that they are pretty high. The administration says they have a transparent policy, and we can confirm this too, as all the costs are provided in the Credits section. As we’ve mentioned in our review, there’s the only way not to spend too much on , and that is to develop a dating strategy, i.e., how, when, and how much time you spend on a website.
So, these are the problems people may face on these particular websites, but there are also some common safety rules that can help you avoid scams on any dating platform:
- Always check photos. Use Google image search to ensure that the photos weren’t stolen or downloaded somewhere else on the web.
- Start video chat or at least exchange photos and videos. Ideally, ask a person to say something particular, a code phrase, if you suppose you’re talking to a bot that generates messages.
- Never share too many details. Avoid sharing anything that can be used for blackmailing you or stealing your money, like your address or card details.
- Spot weird things. Often, scammers act like they are in love despite barely knowing you—usually, that means they are just trying to gain your trust.
How to Cancel or Pause a Subscription?
If you want to take a pause or stop using the site, you can just stop communicating with members and buying credits. However, there is a payment auto-renewal feature, and we couldn't fail to mention it in ourreview. If you have it on (the balance is automatically topped up when you're going to run out of credits), you can easily switch it off by doing the following:
- Finding your Profile icon and clicking on it
- Going to Payment settings
- Finding the Automatic Top Ups section
- Switching this feature off
It's as simple as that. The rules for mobile users are slightly different—they need to go to the Credit section, then choose Billing Settings, and disable automatic purchases. Note that if you don't mind your balance being topped up, you can also set the limits, for example, make a purchase when you have only 5 credits left.
How to Delete a Profile on OrchidRomance
To delete your profile from the website, you can contact customer support or do that yourself in your profile. Also, you can stop your profile to hide info from the users temporarily and then come back when you wish. Here's how you can do that:
- Open your full profile
First, go to the top-right corner of the website and click on your profile.
- Press "Deactivate profile"
Next, open the full version of your profile and look for the "Deactivate profile" option. Click on it, and you will be asked a few questions.
- Select "Deactivate my profile permanently"
Make sure to select "I want to delete all the data from the dating site" and answer any other prompts carefully. Or, choose "I want to hide my info but save profile".
- Confirm the deactivation process
Once you've done that, enter your password again to confirm the deactivation process.
Yourcredits won't come back, unfortunately, when you deactivate your profile. They will either expire in 30 days or get erased with your profile.
How to Use Orchid Romance—Tips for Members
- Don't skip the questions after filling out the registration form. The information from the questionnaire makes the site's algorithms work properly.
- Join some free streams and public chats before you pay for credits.
- Spend your complimentary credits on private conversations before you make a payment.
- Control your spending—decide whether you are really ready to spend 50 credits on watching profile videos, and distinguish the most useful and cost-effective features.
- Ensure that you turn off the automatic balance top-up.
The Verdict on OrchidRomance—Our Experts' Opinions
Orchid Romance isn’t a free or not even a mid-range Asian dating site, but there are some useful dating tips, legit profiles, and free public chats. I highly recommend considering their priorities before deciding whether to join or not join the community. On the one hand, it’s a good website with lots of interesting features that works like a social media platform, too, but on the other hand, it’s a place where you should control spending not to waste too much money on online dating.
Orchid Romance is a pretty safe and modern online dating platform. I like the fact that only registered users can access the profiles and that there are some features protecting members’ privacy, like Secret Albums. Special features like Newsfeed and the opportunity to share posts improve the quality of the dating experience overall, but it’s still a casual dating website rather than a site for someone who wants to find a soulmate in the shortest time possible.
OrchidRomance is an international dating platform connecting men from the US, the UK, Australia, and Canada with single ladies from Asian countries. The dating site provides search and communication features, including live chat, video streaming, and virtual gift exchange.
Yes, Orchid Romance is a legit international dating site. The platform implements industry-standard privacy and security measures, along with an Anti-Scam policy. That being said, some fake profiles can fall through the cracks, so you should always be on your guard.
OrchidRomance is only free for ladies. Men can register and test the platform for free, but if they want to keep finding potential partners and chatting, they need to purchase credits. Rates range from $9.99 for 20 credits to $149.99 for 750 credits.
You get 20 complimentary credits after registration and ten more after you confirm your email. After the bonus credits run out, you can purchase a 20-credit package for $2.99 instead of $9.99. Beyond that, regular rates apply.
Considering the dating platform attracts over 1.3 million people every month, it is very real and rather popular among international daters. Besides, many active users publish posts regularly, like on Instagram, so it’s easy to differentiate between real and fake profiles.